Xbox powers off playing certain games

Discus and support Xbox powers off playing certain games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While playing games like Cod or The Finals my console will just shut off while playing them after a few minutes, no error codes nothing just off. It’s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Got Skill Beast, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Xbox powers off playing certain games

While playing games like Cod or The Finals my console will just shut off while playing them after a few minutes, no error codes nothing just off. It’s not over heating or anything it just happens even after first 5 mins of Xbox being turned on. Playing games like Battlefield 2042 or GTA the console runs fine no issues so I’m really confused on what might be going on my games are all on the SSD and I have done the restart, I have erased and reset and redownloaded everything and it’s the same problem any help here or is it an internal issue?

:)

Got Skill Beast, Feb 15, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Got, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

If you already did the reinstallation of the system and the issue persists, it might be a hardware malfunction.

I recommend you submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. SammieChaos Win User

Turning off

Do you have it plugged into a power strip or directly into the wall?

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into the Xbox?

Also is it doing it during certain games or just powering off no matter what youre doing?

I was having this issue not so long ago, and it turned out to be multiple factors.

You may want to try changing where you have your xbox plugged in, sometimes power outlets may go bad, or a power strip may not be delivering enough power.

If you do have an external Hard Drive and it only powers off during certain games, move the game from the external hard drive to the internal Xbox Storage.

If you try those methods and its still powering off, your power cord may be bad.
  4. XBF Aaron G Win User

Power Supply

MarioCE

Your power supply is a piece of technology in itself. If your on the instant on mode your console never really fully shuts off. Like a PC certain products do this for efficiency. In the past certain machines would fully power off which cause long boot up
    times, constant updates upon initial start up which delay game play. If you would like your console to shut off every single time you turn it off here's how to

change it to energy saving mode
  5. Allebas Win User

Can your Xbox Gold Membership expiring cause your purchased DLCs to malfunction?

HI SmokedAxe50,

No your gold expiring will not caused your DLC to malfunction. When your gold expired you just cant join parties, play certain games(like multiplayer), and you wont have access to any games with gold title.

If your Xbox keeps shutting off do you think it might be power cord?
  6. Jeremy2085 Win User

My Xbox One Shuts Down By Itself ! Help

Check that your xbox is properly ventilated so that no dust can get in too your xbox that may cause it too power off unexpectedly and that it is in a cool, dry place. Also check the power setting as your xbox may be set too a setting that turns off the
    xbox after a certain amount of time.
Thema:

1. Xbox powers off playing certain games - Similar Threads - powers off playing

2. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  3. Xbox One X powers off after ~3 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X powers off after ~3 seconds: I recently purchased an Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition) off of a guy on Facebook. It was a very fair price and the guy said the only problem with it was something having to do with either the power...
  4. Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.

in XboX Insiders
    Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.: I have an older xbox one s that will often give me trouble when I go to turn it on. I hit the button, it chimes, the light comes on, then it shuts back down after a second or two. It doesnt even...
  5. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  6. Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off: Xbox One X, when I turn it off, the Guide Light on the front panel blinks for several minutes before it finally turns off on its own. It is getting proper ventilation all around, raise off the...
  7. My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...: This happened before to my old one and I had to buy a new one. 16f3027a-0c4c-4e9c-9056-52b46181b140
  8. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  9. Xbox game pass pc games freezes EA play have to power off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass pc games freezes EA play have to power off: So i have the xbox game pass and i use it on my pc to play forza and battlefield but i’ve been having problems with these games only.. when i play for a while it will freeze and i can’t alt tab...
  10. Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!: Our Xbox one has been shutting off, completely disconnected from power...no lights on bar or console..dead as dead...this only happens when we attempt to play a game whether it is on disc or...