Xbox Play Anywhere Question (Accounts)

Discus and support Xbox Play Anywhere Question (Accounts) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there: I think the Play Anywhere feature has a lot of promise and means I might be getting some more games digitally. My question is this: The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SolventMoney751, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Xbox Play Anywhere Question (Accounts)

Hi there:

I think the Play Anywhere feature has a lot of promise and means I might be getting some more games digitally. My question is this: The email account tied to my XBL gamertag is different from the account tied to my PC. Will this cause a problem for Play
    Anywhere? What will I need to do to make a smooth experience?

Anyone know?

:)

SolventMoney751, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    Xbox Play Anywhere FAQ

I've seen more and more questions about Xbox Play Anywhere. I'm hoping this post will answer some peoples questions.

The Official FAQ is located here: Xbox Play Anywhere | Xbox

Do I need an Xbox One to play Play Anywhere games?

No you don't. You can play Play Anywhere games on either system. The caveat is that you need to purchase the digital version of the game.

I bought this game at the store but I can't play it even though it's Play Anywhere. What's wrong?

Play Anywhere only works for digital purchases. If you buy the disc version of the game you can only play on that system.

Do I need an Xbox Live account to play?

Yes you will. Your Microsoft account that you use to sign into Windows can be the same one that you use for gaming (and it probably should be).

This will also let you share the DLC between the systems, share progress and achievements.

More information on the account can be found here:

Microsoft Account on the Xbox Console FAQ

What games are Play Anywhere?

Xbox Play Anywhere | Xbox

Ackis, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Blind Tealus
    Blind Tealus Guest
    Xbox play anywhere questions

With the Xbox play anywhere now a reality. Does this mean that Xbox One is going to support Logitech G27 wheels. Since it works on Windows 10, there no reason to prevent it from working on Xbox One.

Blind Tealus, Aug 19, 2016
  4. ErinBytes
    ErinBytes Guest

You have several options:

You could add a new user on your PC that uses the same email as your Xbox.

or

Add an additional email to your Microsoft account.

An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your account's primary alias is displayed on your Microsoft devices (such as a Windows PC, Xbox, or Windows Phone), and you can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

- Go to Microsoft.com and sign in with the account you want to use (xbox or windows). Go to your account, Your Info, Manage how you sign into Microsoft, add the additional email.

Hope that helped!

ErinBytes, Aug 19, 2016
  5. That's very helpful, thank you!

SolventMoney751, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: