Xbox Play Anywhere PC bug: Syncing data... We should be done soon! Stuck at 0% for multiple...

Discus and support Xbox Play Anywhere PC bug: Syncing data... We should be done soon! Stuck at 0% for multiple... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I started writing this post because I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't run ANY Xbox Anywhere games on my PC, but I might... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/beckerist, Apr 19, 2020.

1. /u/beckerist
    /u/beckerist Guest

Xbox Play Anywhere PC bug: Syncing data... We should be done soon! Stuck at 0% for multiple...

I started writing this post because I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't run ANY Xbox Anywhere games on my PC, but I might have possibly just (literally right now) figured it out. I'll outline the steps that didn't work, and below that will be the steps I took that solved the problem in case others are searching for the same thing.

Previously failed tries:

Reinstalling the Windows Store

Signing out and signing back in to Windows, the Xbox Console Companion, and the games themselves.

I have no firewall, I have no anti-virus outside Windows Defender and none of the WD logs say there was anything blocked. This had nothing to do with the issue.

I've made sure my NAT was open.

Disabling the network adapter

Forcefully uninstalling the Windows Store

The solution:

I originally ran into this problem with Forza, as well as State of Decay 2, and in both cases I abandoned the games on the PC. I just tried loading up Gears of War 4 AND Gears of War 5, and in both cases I was hit with the same exact issue.

"Syncing Data... We should be done soon!" Stuck at 0%

I think I found a solution by doing the following:

Go to the Microsoft Store, click your Profile Image and pick "sign out"

Stay in the Store and click the 3 dot button (top right) and choose Settings

Scroll down, pick "manage devices". You'll be brought to this page and delete EVERYTHING (don't worry, you can get it all back later)

Also, uncheck "Offline Permissions", then close the store.

DISCONNECT YOUR PC FROM THE INTERNET! Meaning disable any adapter (wireless or wired)

In Windows 10 go to Settings > search for "Storage Settings" > Apps and Features > (you may have "filter by" another drive) > and find the game you're having a problem with, for me it was Gears of War > Advanced options, and "Reset". Reboot your computer.

Get back into Windows, disable your adapters again. While the network adapters are off go back into the Windows Store and reenable 3 dots > Settings > Offline Permissions. Reload the game while still being offline and this time it should loaded past the 0% Sync problem. Since you're offline, it shouldn't be sitting for hours waiting for a response. You're offline, the game will load offline, but at least it will make a first-time-profile.

Once you get into the game, let it load, then close it. You can now reenable your network adapter and you should be able to load the game!

This worked for me for Gears of war 4 and 5, but I bet it'd work for State of Decay and Forza as well as the myriad of other games this was affecting.

It was a combination of this link: (which sort of worked)

And just clearing all cache and staying offline to launch the game for the first time. Once that first sync happens, it should be fine after that.

I was battling this for almost 2 years and tonight just found the steps to fix it. If you have any questions please let me know, I'll try to help anyone out with this issue.

edit 1: State of Decay 2 also works now with this fix

submitted by /u/beckerist
    [link] [comments]

/u/beckerist, Apr 19, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate

Play anywhere games sync data so its a simple load and the data is the same. I can play Astroneer on either console or PC and it is the same save game that just sync's.
  3. ArmsMyth Win User

MS Ultimate Word Games

I try to start it, a smaller window overlaps, says, "We are syncing your data, please wait....we will be done soon." Several seconds later it replaces that message with "We can't sync your data with the cloud right now."
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Cant synchronize data on PC

Are you trying to sync The Outer Worlds across different PCs or are you just playing on one PC, and it gets stuck on syncing? If you go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking what does it say for "NAT Type" and "Server connectivity"? I mention specifically
    for The Outer Worlds because the PC and Console versions of the game are different and not Play Anywhere, so console to PC syncs would not happen regardless. They should for Gears and Ori (I think Ori, not 100%, though).
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Platform Change

Hey teabeagea!

I'm sorry to hear about this concern about your saved data. Playing an Xbox Play Anywhere title should not overwrite your data when switching from one platform to another. As long as you are playing on the same account on PC and on Xbox, the data transfers
    over. Whenever you make progress on your account on a platform, let's say on PC, and everything saves, when you play on Xbox you should see the data syncing from the last cloud save. The data is updated to the Cloud Storage automatically on Xbox One and PC
    as long as you are connected to Xbox Live. Since data is account specific, the original issue may have been due to being on a different account. Here are some resources:

6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Sincronizzazione Cloud Salvataggi Giochi Windows 10 [Cloud Sync Saving Windows 10 Games]

Hi Greyzard,

i assume you are actually referring to the Xbox beta app, if the game is a play anywhere game it will sync with any xbox game data and vice versa.

Are you asking where the data is on your PC or in the cloud?
Thema:

1. Xbox Play Anywhere PC bug: Syncing data... We should be done soon! Stuck at 0% for multiple... - Similar Threads - Play Anywhere bug

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere"

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere": Title says it all. Its been 2 years. submitted by /u/RedditGojiraX [link] [comments]
  4. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?: Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old...
  5. Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC: For instance Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is play anywhere. I buy the game thru Xbox so will I be forced to pay for a subscription for online while on PC or is there no paywall...
  6. pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s: when i start my game on pc, it tells me to choose between local save, cloud save, or choose next time. when i choose local or next time, i get my most recent save. when i save my game and exit and...
  7. Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc: Hi so I would like to play using the xbox play anywhere on my pc the option is not available since I can't install the windows anivessary upadte I have tried everything but the upadate dosn6t show...
  8. Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?: This is a bit difficult to explain, but we recently got an Xbox for the first time in order to play starfield when it comes out. I would also like be able to play the game on my windows 11 PC when...
  9. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  10. Xbox play anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox play anywhere: I own most of the re remakes (2,3,4) and I was wondering if I could get them through Xbox play anywhere b4417e95-83f0-4e52-9dc4-8f5442be8860

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears 5 wont sync data