Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification

Discus and support Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey guys! I have been searching the internet and have been unable to get a clear answer on how this whole "Play Anywhere" thing works. Fortunately, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AntiBuffalo3285, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification

Hey guys! I have been searching the internet and have been unable to get a clear answer on how this whole "Play Anywhere" thing works. Fortunately, I do understand the premise of the idea of being able to play Xbox games on your Windows 10 PC, but I am curious
    to how deep this will be going. Can I play with my Xbox friends on Xbox and my PC friends on PC, or can I only play with my Xbox friends on either platform? Thank you for reading this post and hopefully posting an answer. Thanks!

P.S. Could always use extra people for my crew on Sea of Thieves Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification :D

:)

AntiBuffalo3285, Jun 23, 2016
  2. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    Basic gaming on pc questions

Hi JoGracious21,

The Xbox app is extension Xbox One console wherein you can check your friends when playing online or check their achievements when you sign in your Xbox One account on the Xbox app. However, there are games that can be played on
    both Xbox One console and on Xbox app on Windows 10. These are the games that we called Xbox Play Anywhere. Xbox Play anywhere can be played even without having an Xbox One console, you just need to make sure that the game is a digital game and it is an Xbox
    Play Anywhere. For more information about the Xbox app and Xbox Play Anywhere games, I suggest that you check out the links below:

Click here

Xbox Play Anywhere game list

Should you need further clarification, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Xbox Play Anywhere

Play Anywhere is one of my favorite features to come in a while. I just wish they could get all games working this way instead. Make it a platform thing. Games can work on any Xbox enabled device. That would be cool. Really looking forward to this with
    Gears 4. Going to be nice having access to that game on both my console and PC with Xbox. Same if the wife wants FH 3.

It is cool that the PC adds PC type settings to improve upon things. Would be real nice if MS could get the MP working. I understand the keyboard/mouse vs controller. I am fine with that really since I do extremely well on PC shooters with a controller.
    Actually better than on consoles. But MS could make it so that to do cross play you must have a controller detected and use that. Or you just play PC vs PC.

I do like the build smilekybird. I have an i7 that is 8 core and 16 thread in mine but not sure the number. 32 gb ram. I just put 2 480s in it crossfire since I will be using the 16 gb ram on those for some personal stuff. It amazes me how awesome those
    are. These games should play amazingly on that. Would love to here from you on how the games run on your rig.

Guerrero Ultimo, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification

I know there will be a very limited selection to start the program and that it should work cross platform to pc as they are both running a form of windows 10. Either way exciting stuff!

TSegreti-E5811376-1962-4D15-A9E1-C8FCA3D1290B, Aug 6, 2016
  5. ErinBytes
    ErinBytes Guest
    I would think that they wouldn't allow PC players to play with people on Console for the different advantages/disadvantages in certain games.

The good news is, if your friends own the game then they have play anywhere too - so you can play PC to PC or Xbox to Xbox.

ErinBytes, Aug 19, 2016
  6. murph17
    murph17 Guest
    It's up to the developers - for example GoW4 will allow PC/XB1 CO-OP play, not competitive multiplayer.

Meanwhile Forza Horizon 3 will support PC/XB1 in all game modes.

murph17, Aug 26, 2016
  7. I think it will only be with you xbox live friends. But I've been hearing that they are working on the feature where you can play with players on the PlayStation, Xbox One and pc if they on the same game. I know windows 10 players and xbox one players can
    already. Waiting to see if the can improve the play anywhere feature to play on different networks so you can really play anywhere.

angelnique405, Oct 8, 2016
  8. Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification

The new update of Windows 10 has an xbox section in the settings which should help you out. Make sure you associate your microsoft account with the device.

TSegreti-E5811376-1962-4D15-A9E1-C8FCA3D1290B, Jun 16, 2017
  9. Also in the consoles settings make sure you have stream enabled

TSegreti-E5811376-1962-4D15-A9E1-C8FCA3D1290B, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Play Anywhere Clarification