Xbox Play Anywhere and Cloud saves no longer works on PC and Xbox Console.

Discus and support Xbox Play Anywhere and Cloud saves no longer works on PC and Xbox Console. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently Play Anywhere and Cloud Saves are not synching correctly, and critically, deleting all saves. Example (Play Anywhere): 1. Start a new game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by T-DogRJ, Apr 9, 2023.

1. T-DogRJ
    T-DogRJ Guest

Recently Play Anywhere and Cloud Saves are not synching correctly, and critically, deleting all saves.

Example (Play Anywhere):

1. Start a new game on PC for "The Long Dark" save the game. Quit PC version.

2. Open up the same game on Xbox Series S, it says it's syncing during load but no saves are preset.

3. Create a new save on Series S, quit game.

4. Open up the game on PC, Synching message appears but no saves appear. All saves on both platforms have been deleted!

This used to work and now it doesn't.

Exact same issue with Frostpunk which is Cloud saves enabled. PC to PC doesn't sync, saves are either deleted or not present on the other PC

I'm hesitant to open any other game in case loss of my saves.

I've updated Windows via Windows Update. Restarted Gaming Services, Repaired and reset all xbox apps. None of this has fixed the issue

:)

T-DogRJ, Apr 9, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. T-DogRJ Win User

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me

My software versions are:

Windows 11 Home 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Xbox app 2303.1001.7.0

I read the FAQ but unfortunately nothing there helped

None of the aforementioned ports are blocked from my ISP

I removed and reinstalled Gaming Services as per instructions

I reinstalled the game and tried again, the sync popup appeared and no errors reported. But my saves were not available

So none of the above has made a difference. Maybe there's an issue at your end?
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi T-DogRJ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What is the current version and edition of your Windows OS?
    • The Xbox App version as well?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Kindly check the troubleshooting steps found here: Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Play Anywhere games | Xbox Support

Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support

Also please try reaching out with your ISP and see if these ports are open

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)

If you are running any third-party software for game enhancement, mods or antivirus, kindly disable them.

When you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Terry LeVangie Win User

Hi,

I've had almost the same issue expect that after going back to the xbox new saved games are syncing, but I have still lost my older version of the saved game file.

Has there been any response to this?
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Confused!!! Xbox and PC gaming

Hello, dogsolitude_uk. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Xbox Play Anywhere: Yes, saves sync between platforms on Xbox Play Anywhere games. So your progress on the console carry over to the PC and vice-versa.

Cloud Enabled: It means that if you have a Game Pass Subscription, you can play the game on any platform by cloud gaming. The game is streamed through a Xbox Series console, so you would play the console version of the game. But only some games (usually Xbox Play Anywhere) saves will carry over from the Cloud gaming to the PC installed version. Most will only carry over to the console installed version.

Xbox Cloud Saves: Saves will only carry over if the game is a Xbox Play Anywhere game or if the game supports cross save, but most games that are not Xbox Play Anywhere games do not support cross save between platforms.

And the Xbox app will only list games that can be played on the PC. So your console games will not be shown there.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
Thema:

1. Xbox Play Anywhere and Cloud saves no longer works on PC and Xbox Console. - Similar Threads - Play Anywhere Cloud

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere"

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere": Title says it all. Its been 2 years. submitted by /u/RedditGojiraX [link] [comments]
  4. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?: Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old...
  5. Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Play Anywhere Games Required Gamepass PC / Ultimate For Online Play On PC: For instance Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is play anywhere. I buy the game thru Xbox so will I be forced to pay for a subscription for online while on PC or is there no paywall...
  6. pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pc play anywhere save file not sending to my xbox series s: when i start my game on pc, it tells me to choose between local save, cloud save, or choose next time. when i choose local or next time, i get my most recent save. when i save my game and exit and...
  7. Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems.playing xbox play anywhere on pc: Hi so I would like to play using the xbox play anywhere on my pc the option is not available since I can't install the windows anivessary upadte I have tried everything but the upadate dosn6t show...
  8. Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is play anywhere cross profile on xbox?: This is a bit difficult to explain, but we recently got an Xbox for the first time in order to play starfield when it comes out. I would also like be able to play the game on my windows 11 PC when...
  9. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  10. Xbox play anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox play anywhere: I own most of the re remakes (2,3,4) and I was wondering if I could get them through Xbox play anywhere b4417e95-83f0-4e52-9dc4-8f5442be8860