Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox

Discus and support Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; PDP 40 wired headset with mic designed for xbox but works perfect on my switch. No audio on xbox. Mic might be working as on fortnite I can see the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kevincline1982, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox

PDP 40 wired headset with mic designed for xbox but works perfect on my switch. No audio on xbox. Mic might be working as on fortnite I can see the voice icon moving next to my user name when I talk in mic. Just no audio at all through speakers.

Any ideas?

:)

kevincline1982, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello DKevincline1982, this is really weird, however check your Headset settings if it has the CTIA default which is the default xbox connection pin.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Not all 3.5mm audio jacks are made to the same standard. There are two audio jack standards:

Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA), and

Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP)

Then you can test, on the Xbox messages part, record a voice message, and before sending it to a friend, play the message and see if you can hear it through the headset.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

If I use the Xbox One stereo adapter and/or a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable, will my official Xbox 360 wired headset work on my Xbox One?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can use the Xbox One Stereo Adapter along with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable to use your official Xbox 360 wired headset with your Xbox One. The adapter is necessary as it allows you to connect the 2.5mm jack of the headset to the 3.5mm port on the Xbox One controller.

Once you have connected the headset, you should be able to hear both game audio and chat audio through the headset. The Xbox One allows you to adjust the balance between game audio and chat audio in the settings.

Regarding the compatibility of the Xbox 360 wired headset with the Xbox One, while the official Xbox website states that the headset only works with licensed Xbox 360s, it should still work with the Xbox One if you use the adapter.

If you do not have the Xbox One Stereo Adapter, you can also use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable that has a microphone built-in. This will allow you to plug the headset directly into the Xbox One controller and use it for both game audio and chat audio.

As for stripping wires or hacking the headset, this is not recommended as it can damage the headset and is not a reliable or safe solution.
  4. Echo4Ent Win User

Head sets for X box one

5. Ninjamaster0605 Win User

headset

hi, still not working

i now have a wired controller from the brand PDP for the xbox, and there my headset works perfect

and on the 2 original wireles controllers not

dont understand it
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Mic quality

Was your old controller also a PDP one? Least I assume your Wired Purple one is a PDP model?

Was your old controller also a wired one?

Also, as asked above, the headset make and model

Some headsets can have issues if they are plugged into a wired controller, most notably Turtle Beach Recon ones
Thema:

1. Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox - Similar Threads - pdp wired headset

2. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  3. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  4. Are pdp controllers safe to use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers safe to use?: Are pdp controllers safe to use? 19baa6c5-af32-4d6c-8f8e-8c42a61e02c9
  5. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  6. Trouble with pdp controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with pdp controller: I bought 2 pdp controllers within the last 2 months the 1 i have 2 year warranty on it other i dont but like as soon as i get it within 2 weeks left joystick is acting up and dont want to work. I...
  7. Pdp nubia bronze controller update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pdp nubia bronze controller update error: In the pdp hub app every time I try to configure the controller or do anything with it in the app it says I need to update the controller and it takes me to the update screen but when I click ok...
  8. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  9. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  10. Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?: Hi, I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with the usb cable provided. This is a 8 foot long...