Xbox pc games and product keys

Discus and support Xbox pc games and product keys in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im trying to switch my games over to steam because microsoft seams to be forcing cloud services onto games linked to your xbox account and steam doesnt... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by no to cloud storage, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Xbox pc games and product keys

Im trying to switch my games over to steam because microsoft seams to be forcing cloud services onto games linked to your xbox account and steam doesnt force cloud sync on its player base yet. In the past id buy a physical disk for a game but today its nearly impossible to find a physical copy of a game. The games ive purchased have product keys but microsoft seems to be preventing me from using my product anywhere else, exe files are encrypted. Anyone know how to gain full ownership over my property as microsoft is restricting my access to my property.

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming ***

:)

no to cloud storage, Dec 14, 2023
  2. no to cloud storage Win User

Less power to the consumer.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your product keys will only work on the Ms store. No digital store allows porting of games between them, or activation of product keys not theirs

Every digital store except GOG has similar rules and restrictions regarding DRM

Physical new PC games died about a decade ago outside of places like Limited Run
  4. ngocphi Win User

Physical media is dead

You.can't.even GRT a disk drive without buying an high end pc

You.can't return physical disks. nor.can keys be reused

This even applies on steam

You do know.you can bring non steam.games.on ateam platforms right ?.

Use non steam games on steam app

This applies even on steam.deck

Xbox has.a.playable platforms then steam

You have cloud for pc even 9 different providers, handhelds , consoles , phones

you have remote play

You have play anywhere

Steam is stuck with steam and remote.play

Anti cheats are on most platforms people want less.cheats not more

Did you know if you modify files steam disables achievements
  5. US Revenge Win User

EU court rules gamers are free to resell digital games

well, i suppose you would sell the product key.. PC games are weird, the only thing that matters is the product key. its basically a code to download a game on xbox.. except you can use it everywhere... I wonder if this means you can download an EU arcade
    game on 360 and transfer it to another 360 whenever you want.
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Games remove from the Marketplace by game developers

On top of what Maxen13 said there are no real product keys available to end users with the way the 360 is designed. You also only licensed the game for use on the 360 so a product key for a PC version would technically be a separate purchase.
Thema:

1. Xbox pc games and product keys - Similar Threads - games product keys

2. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  3. Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one...: Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one guide me to the right direction. d7a51c47-b32b-497c-9a51-784015fed842
  4. is there a way to reactivate a product code? i accidentally used my nerf halo game addon in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there a way to reactivate a product code? i accidentally used my nerf halo game addon in...: after trying to log into my xbox account for a whole day, i thought i got into my account finally, but it turned out and i didnt realize at first, that i somehow created a new account. (this one)...
  5. I activated a product key for Sea Of Thieves and did not recieve items in-game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I activated a product key for Sea Of Thieves and did not recieve items in-game.: Sea Of Thieves recently had an event where we got free product keys for in-game items. I activated mine but did not recieve the items. I play the game on steam but my account is also linked to...
  6. Need help - Purchased a game in 2019 and it says product key was already used but it's not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help - Purchased a game in 2019 and it says product key was already used but it's not...: Please fix this or give me a new code ASAP. Screen shots : [mod removed-personal information] FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aad0cc81-681e-4a46-a59a-87d7733f73dd
  7. återställa spel produktnyckel från tredjapart [Translation - restore game product key from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    återställa spel produktnyckel från tredjapart [Translation - restore game product key from...: hej Har köpt en produktnyckel från gamvio,men nu har hårddiskaen krachat och jag hittar inte spelet i orderhistoriken på microsoft store. Kan man få den tillbaka på nått sett? Mvh Rickard...
  8. About activate product key on Game for windows live.

in XBoX on Windows
    About activate product key on Game for windows live.: First, I have to say this happen because my mistake. I have activate two of "Lost planet 2" key in the same account. I want to take one back an use for other account. Can you help?...
  9. Games for Windows live not accepting product key / game crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games for Windows live not accepting product key / game crashes: So... I bought GTA IV from steam some time ago. I worked my way through social club without problems(I have L.A. Noire so I had made an account), but after launching the game the problem occured....
  10. How to delete a game from an account or change its product key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to delete a game from an account or change its product key?: Hello, I recently bought a copy of GTA IV PC and the problem is that years ago I used to play on my friend's copy and the game is still visible on my account. Because of that when I installed it...