xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

Discus and support xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How to script or app to backup Pc games pass save files ie (starfield) to OneDrive. The files on located at :... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Frank Armsworthy, Sep 24, 2023.

1. xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

How to script or app to backup Pc games pass save files ie (starfield) to OneDrive. The files on located at :

C:\Users\username>\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs\00090000001709A5_0000000000000000000000007BF72399

to sync, how?

Any help please...

:)

Frank Armsworthy, Sep 24, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

save files are not accessible, they're already being backed up to the cloud for you
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

save files are not accessible, they're already being backed up to the cloud for you
    Actually they are accessible. The Game Pass version of Starfield stores its save files here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs\<user-id>

This is a different location to the Steam version. Reason being that the Xbox App version saves a copy to the Microsoft Cloud.

Most Xbox App saves are user accessible. I deleted the saves for Forza 7. Started the game and cancelled the cloud download sync. This allowed me to start again fresh.
  4. Reborn Insanity Win User

Cloud Saves for Xbox Game Pass PC

You'll have to set up Microsoft OneDrive on your PC and backup up your game saves there.

As of right now I'm unsure if you can recover the saves from before the factory reset.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Xbox One backwards compatible save stuck in “Pending Upload”

Hi You OneDrive have free space to make the Backup of yours new saves?
  6. CarTzy Win User

Can I upload my Xbox save files to OneDrive? (Addressing the STARFIELD SAVE ISSUE/BUG)

Hello Cody George,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration with regards to these ongoing savings issues. To start, this type of complex issue is better addressed by the game developers in collaboration with the platform developers. I would start by asking you to report this issue to Xbox by following the guide here.

I believe the game developers are already aware of this as stated here: What do I do if I can't save my game in Starfield on PC? - Bethesda Support

They have rolled out some troubleshooting steps and some that you already mentioned.

Why am I getting error "0x80830003" telling me I'm out of space when trying to save a game? - Bethesda Support

You are low on space to save your progress. Please delete some of your existing saved content. - Save Management - Xbox App for PC - Bethesda Support

How do I fix my corrupted save file in Starfield? - Bethesda Support

What do I do if I can't save my game in Starfield on PC? - Bethesda Support

Regarding with how the game save system works in Starfield you may want to check this: How does the save system work in Starfield? - Bethesda Support

Please also see: Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support / Back up your game captures | Xbox Support

For now, we will stick to what they have provided and what works.

And I don't see any articles that would answer your questions using OneDrive as your backup for your save files, knowing how the save system works for Starfield. I would leave that question with the rest of the community members who had experienced this and with the game developers after you raise this issue with them on Xbox Feedback.

I will be checking this with our team as well, and I will get back to you once I have enough information.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thema:

1. xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how? - Similar Threads - game pass saves

2. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  3. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  4. Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.: If I uninstall my game from my PC, will all the saved game progress be saved to the cloud? And would I be able to recover it after installing the game again. fee4ddad-eb1e-4ba1-a5c9-49879e5f0f50
  5. Sync saves Offline mode Game pass game in my Asus Rog Ally.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sync saves Offline mode Game pass game in my Asus Rog Ally.: Hi I have a question about the sync and the xbox play anywhere. This is my problem, i played sea of the stars in the xbox app in my Asus Rog Ally, before i took a flight i activate the settings...
  6. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  7. My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is...: My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is that why they won’t save? Do you need the game pass to save clips? 53aaf2f3-6fc0-4b13-afd7-7a157904f259
  8. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  9. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...
  10. Where is the saved game files for gotham knights PC GAME PASS version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the saved game files for gotham knights PC GAME PASS version?: dont give me the steam version i need the pc game pass version 8ebe8c47-496c-42b9-9ed5-b1389e2e230c