Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen

Discus and support Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox PC app won't load and is stuck on an updating screen that never makes any progress. It just says "launching the Xbox App". I've tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luisg323, May 12, 2024.

1. Luisg323
    Luisg323 Guest

The Xbox PC app won't load and is stuck on an updating screen that never makes any progress. It just says "launching the Xbox App". I've tried uninstalling the app, resetting and repairing and restarting my computer with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Luisg323, May 12, 2024
  2. Phönixplayer200 Win User

FH5 crashes on launch with the error code 0x800701b1

So, I tried to follow the steps and it all went well till i restarted my PC. It tried to install an update, but seems to have gotten stuck on the "Updates are underway" screen. I waited for about 45min but nothing changed so i just tried to restart my PC again, after which there was no change in the xbox app and forza still throws the same error.
  3. RachelYoung4 Win User

Xbox Mobile App Crash On First Time Start Up, Can't Continue with App after Downloading Update

How do you get to this from the update screen? Ours did the same but we force-reset it and now it just stays stuck on the “please continue on app” screen
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed

Hi,

A Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) isn't going to be something that the Xbox App creates. The Xbox App may well be in beta but it's not unstable and it doesn't create blue screen errors.

If your system is freezing and is getting stuck in the BIOS screen this indicates a hardware issue with your PC.

Can you play other games on your PC from Steam or other launching software? If these games work and don't crash then it won't be a power issue.

Can you provide to us your system specifications?
  5. Try-00F1B93D-E9F3-45 Win User

Xbox One Constantly Resets

it starts up at the applying update screen and my xbox restarts back to the applying update screen. Its basically stuck in a loop
  6. LubosLubos Win User

Gamepass App on PC stuck in "Checking for updates"

I followed one of the solutions from the comments in another post (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-pc-app-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/97228a37-2c0f-487c-94b6-f87c212e1fe9)
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen - Similar Threads - App Stuck Updating

2. Xbox App updating stuck at 0% inside the app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App updating stuck at 0% inside the app: [img] I have tried pretty much everything i can think of to fix this but am still stuck. I waited to see if it would update over time but after an hour and a half i gave up. There is no update to...
  3. How to fix Xbox app stuck on updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Xbox app stuck on updating: Whenever I try to open the Xbox app, it tries to update, and then says something went wrong with the error code 0x80073cf9. I am trying this on a new Windows 11 laptop, I have tried to find what...
  4. Xbox app opens but stuck in update phase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app opens but stuck in update phase: Hi help needed here just built a new system and just pit on a new clean install of windows 11 on there everything on my pc runs flawlessly apart from the xbox app. I can launch it but gets stuck...
  5. Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...: Brought PC 2 days ago, I clicked on Microsoft Store and clicked install on Xbox app yesterday, it came up pending, I tried again this morning and it still says pending but there's also a dozen...
  6. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  7. Game update stuck on xbox app windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game update stuck on xbox app windows 11: Hi, the xbox app was downloading a game update for sea of thieves while other games were on the queue to be downloaded, and then a power outage happened. When i restarted my PC and the xbox app,...
  8. Ark Survival will not update on xbox app on pc. I'm stuck at version 961.2 while on my xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival will not update on xbox app on pc. I'm stuck at version 961.2 while on my xbox...: I need help figuring out how to update this game. Been going on since last night and still won't update 72b96280-d256-4a59-ab7f-24a1150f5d75
  9. Gamepass App on PC stuck in "Checking for updates"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass App on PC stuck in "Checking for updates": Since today, I noticed that when I wanted to download a game, it got stuck on 0%. When looking at the download screen, I noticed that right besides the installation queue, was a "checking for...
  10. Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games: As the title says. I wanted to install Pillars of Eternity, and the download stopped at 136mb in and the app simply said "Checking for updates". I've tried running Powershell as an administrator...