Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

Discus and support Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, my family has a small handful of Xbox one accounts, two of which are shared accounts that have Live Gold and Gamepass Ultimate respectively.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Codi Lambert, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Codi Lambert
    Codi Lambert Guest

Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

Hi, my family has a small handful of Xbox one accounts, two of which are shared accounts that have Live Gold and Gamepass Ultimate respectively. Recently, we were trying to sign the Gamepass Ultimate account onto a new household computer, and it required a Windows Hello Pin, something everyone has disabled or not even set up(In the case of the Live Gold Account). No pins work, not even the pins originally used when signing into the PCs when Windows Hello was enabled. The PC we're trying to sign into is Windows 10, the PC that originally owned the Gamepass Ultimate account is running Windows 11.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

:)

Codi Lambert, Aug 6, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. Codi Lambert Win User

Hi, thank you for the advice but it specifically is not asking for an Xbox pin, and will not let me enter more than four digits when prompted for my non-existent pin. Whenever it says my pin is incorrect, it explicitly tells me to change my pin through Windows Hello. Everything that is going on here is all on Windows computers. No consoles are involved. I can't get a screenshot at the moment as the computer that's been having the error is currently in use and I cannot get access to it, I will edit this post or reply to it with a screenshot when I am able to get to it. A quick rundown of the situation is as follows:

There are two computers upstairs, one with Gamepass Ultimate, one without

We are trying to put the Gamepass Ultimate account onto the computer that does not have it.

When trying to sign in, the Xbox PC app asks for a Windows Hello Pin that does not exist

There is no possible way to bypass this pin, and no pins work, as no pin exists.

We try logging a different account onto the computer, it asks for another pin that does not exist.

App thinks its a dictionary attack and locks us out of the Xbox PC app

We just want to get my account onto a new computer, that's all we want, but it's asking for login info that doesn't exist
  4. CarTzy Win User

5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Codi Lambert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues with your PIN, let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

If you’ve forgotten your PIN and can’t access restricted console features, follow these steps:

1. When you’re prompted to enter your PIN on the console, enter any 6-digit combination three times.
    2. Enter your Microsoft account password when prompted.
    3. Select Make a new PIN.
    4. Enter a new PIN, and then enter it again to confirm.
    Please see PIN troubleshooting here: Manage a PIN for your Xbox profile | Xbox Support

Can you also share a screenshot to where you are getting this PIN error.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Edocsil 2020 Win User

Cross platform gaming

When it asks for a pin is this because it is trying to set up "Windows Hello"? If so I have this issue where logging into my work device with the Xbox App it tries to setup Windows Hello and askes for my PIN which is rejected despite it being correct.
    The irony is my work device doesn't support windows hello. So far been unable to get it working
Thema:

1. Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices - Similar Threads - app requires Windows

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  5. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  6. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  7. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  8. Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...: The popup that Grey Xbox app gives me goes white for about a minute until it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry something went wrong. try again in a while. (0x89235107)" This same...
  9. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Split from this thread. Data sheet from manufacturer state 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Second) 5124Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Second)4096 My HDD is formatted as NTFS and I have tried both...
  10. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Problem I'm trying to use a secondary SSD as my default installation location for my Game Pass games, and the XBOX application will not let me. The error I receive when clicking on "Don't see...