Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

Discus and support Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives. [img] However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Muratcan Bilgiç, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives.

Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It [​IMG]

However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few actually. Here are examples from Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 5.

Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It [​IMG]

This wasn't an issue before. I just realized this today. How can I get my games to download on E drive.

Thank you.

:)

Muratcan Bilgiç, Nov 11, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Muratcan, how are you today? Hope you're well.

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.

2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.

3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).

4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.

5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old

6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.

NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.

7. Restart the PC.

8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.

9. If it still doesn't work for you, delete the WpSystem folder on your E drive: it should allow you to change download locations without an error.

You could also try to download on the Disc C: and move it to E: once it's installed.
  3. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
  4. XenoBogusOne Win User

Update 1407 Broke External Drive

Solution: Had to plug the external drive into a computer, format it, plug it back into the xbox one, let the xbox format it, and was good to go.

Don't know why this happened and had to re-download games but it the xbox now recognizes the external drive
  5. Frathos Win User

Xbox is not detecting my external hardrive.

Sometimes external HDD die, have you tried connecting the drive to your PC to see if it can recognize it? If the PC doesn't see it too then it's probably the external storage that is faulty.
  6. RogMiCa Win User

External harddrive for media not recognised by Xbox one

My external hard drive has been having issues since the new dashboard update. Now I have to turn on the Xbox two to three times to get it to recognize it. Also, yesterday, it wouldn't let me download a game to the external hard drive. I was able to download
    it to the internal hard drive but only when the external wasn't recognized. For some strange reason, now when the external hard drive is working, I can't reset the console, I have to turn it completely off. Pressing the reboot option causes the Xbox to sit
    with a black screen and never reboots.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It - Similar Threads - App Recognizes External

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data): Hi Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC, utilizing the "keep personal data" option....
  7. Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.: Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games. I've uninstalled all my games to try and see what game it recognizes to no avail....
  8. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...
  9. 3rd party controller not recognized by xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    3rd party controller not recognized by xbox app: I've been trying to play guilty gear on my pc but the game won't recognize RAC-j503b controller. Guilty Gear is downloaded on my computer but when I tried mortal kombat 11 through cloud gaming it...
  10. Why is my Game Pass mobile app not recognizing my Ultimate subscription?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Pass mobile app not recognizing my Ultimate subscription?: I have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription that I've verified as active in my MS subscriptions. Recurring billing was on but I switched it off. The Xbox Windows app recognizes my Ultimate...