Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.

Discus and support Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have those games before I upgraded to Windows 11. I downloaded software that does a backup for my saved files. However, after I extracted the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AbdulrhmAhmed, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.

I used to have those games before I upgraded to Windows 11. I downloaded software that does a backup for my saved files. However, after I extracted the backup files to the C partition, the Xbox app thinks that I was supposed to have the games in the C partition too, and it kept installing the games over and over again in the C partition. I tried to delete them multiple times but it just keeps installing again nearly every 24 hours. And it takes all of my C space.

Is there any solution for that?

:)

AbdulrhmAhmed, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.

Hello AbdulrhmAhmed,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with the Xbox PC app. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If we may ask, which drive do you wish to install your games and apps in your device?

For the meantime, here is the possible solution you can try which is to change the default installation location for the Xbox app. Here's how:

First, open the PC Settings app by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + I.

Go to the "System → Storage" page in the Settings app.

On the right page, click on the "Change where new content is saved" link under More Storage Settings section.

Under the "New apps will save to" option, select your target drive from the drop-down menu and click on the "Apply" button.

You may select the desired drive from the drop-down menu.

Go back to the Xbox App and try to select the drive where you can use as the default location. Folow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the app.
    • Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
    • Click on the "Storage" tab.
    • Under "New apps will save to," select a different drive or partition where you want your games to be installed.
    • Click on "Apply" to save the changes.
    This should prevent the Xbox app from installing games in the C partition without your permission. If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello AbdulrhmAhmed,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Alan345 Win User

MSFS: "you do not have enough space on this disk"

I would like to confirm, at the moment, the space previously used to install the game wasn’t deleted, correct?
    r: no it wasnt deleted and msfs currently takes up 163gb

Additionally, did you try to install the game on the system / C: partition, or you wanted to use another partition to install the game?

r: on the c drive

Lastly, did you download the game from the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, or did you use Steam?

r: xbox app, but it downloaded the client so i can open it from both the microsoft store and xbox app

so how much storage do i need to install the standard version of msfs, as i might just not have enough on my disk
  5. Auditormadness9 Win User

Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

Thanks a lot for the followup!

All my drives are NTFS, and I only have 3 drives/partitions right now, and they are C: D: and S:

I want to install on S: only but it keeps insisting to install on C, even though I don't have space left there and it's where my windows is installed. I did actually change the storage settings to install new apps into drive S: but it still didn't help and it insists on C:. I even tried installing a small game to see if it will at least work on C:, but it just kept getting stuck at Preparing 0%

I tried the permissions trick on the folder as well, still didn't help :/
  6. Prime_Syne12 Win User

Error code 0x800706B5 with installing game`

My games are on a second partition drive. I reformatted the drive and now game installs work.... I guess it was a permission or registry problem. Just another issue with windows store / xbox app.
Thema:

1. Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission. - Similar Threads - app installing games

2. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  3. Xbox App refuses to install game on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App refuses to install game on PC: Hello, I am on a windows 10 PC attempting to install the game "State of Decay 2". All my efforts have failed. It merely states it is unable to connect me to the service and returns the error code...
  4. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  5. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  8. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  9. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  10. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...