Xbox PC App Hard Crashes and Forces Restart

Discus and support Xbox PC App Hard Crashes and Forces Restart in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to play any Xbox PC game my PC is hard crashing and restarting. I noticed this was happening as an error about a year ago, I can't believe... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuddenInsanity, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Xbox PC App Hard Crashes and Forces Restart

When trying to play any Xbox PC game my PC is hard crashing and restarting.
    I noticed this was happening as an error about a year ago, I can't believe it's still an issue. I am not running any 3rd party Anti-Virus.

Win 11
    OS Build 22621.1992

All current updates for OS and GPU drivers.
    Have tried to reset PC reinstalling windows.

:)

SuddenInsanity, Jul 27, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

What's the rest of your PC specs please?
  3. BlackSilverAce Win User

Syndicate demo impressions

I'd love to tell you how the demo was, but it crashed my console (forcing a hard restart)...
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Xbox PC App/Games Pass Crash PC and Forces Restart

Hello Jon-Symo,

Let's try this and see if this resolves your issue.

Solution1 : Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. Look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it on the right side.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to the default setting.

Solution2: Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    3. Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    Solution 3: Disable Advance Installation

Open the Xbox app, navigate to Settings>General and turn off the "Advanced Installation and management features" option in the Xbox app.

Solution 4: Disabling other services

• On the windows search bar, type "MSConfig" and open the system configuration app, and then hit enter
    • select the Services tab
    • Click and make sure to Hide all Microsoft services.
    • Then press the Disable all button and apply.
    Solution 5: Disable anti-virus

• Disable your anti-virus software
    • Then restart your PC
    Thanks,
  5. TheStel Win User

Exact same issue here I was about to Reinstall windows before I stumbled uppon this post.

Had to restore to a previous point quite a few times now.

At least I managed to get Forza 5 before the errors started popping up but even that does not start up from the app.

Hopefully it get resolved soon!
  6. Jon-Symo Win User

Same issues! Timing on this was horrible... Just finished building a new PC, and both games I installed from XBOX Game Pass Ultimate crashed on launch (Halo and Destiny.) Spent hours troubleshooting only to find out that this is a problem with XBOX/Microsoft Gaming Services possibly?

I also then installed games through steam and have ZERO issues. I obviously can't play Destiny Witch Queen as its purchased through XBOX. :(

REALLY need a fix to this ASAP.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App Hard Crashes and Forces Restart - Similar Threads - App Hard Crashes

2. External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps): Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive. I was having...
  3. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console: Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that...
  4. Sky go is no longer available on app store after reset due to new hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Sky go is no longer available on app store after reset due to new hard drive: Does anyone know why sky go is not available on the app store after a new hard drive was fitted and a factory reset? 430e1218-3e1c-4265-929e-86366d8764f0
  5. Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive: I'm running into the error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app onto my second drive. It works just fine on my first one, and other things can use my second drive...
  6. Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC: Is it possible to install a game on external hard drive on my laptop at another location, then go home and plug the external hard drive into my desktop PC and have the desktop recognize the game?...
  7. Unable to switch hard drive used for Xbox app game downloads on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to switch hard drive used for Xbox app game downloads on Windows 11: I bought Xbox Game Pass Ultimate earlier today, and have been unable to switch the hard drive downloaded in from my C:/, or my SSD, to my D:/, which I use for larger files such as games. In the...
  8. Xbox app & remote play issues on same, hard-wired local network

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app & remote play issues on same, hard-wired local network: Hi. I'd like to start off with a disclaimer - I've gone through the possible support pages/posts/articles surrounding remote play and none seem to have any effect on solving my problem. My Setup:...
  9. Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.: My hard drive started to click so I got an external to save some of my data but right after putting state of decay 2 on the external I was told I can copy my current drive to the external and use...
  10. Xbox video app hard crash on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox video app hard crash on xbox one: Good evening, I noticed the app "xbox video" has an update pending. When I try to update it pauses for a second and then I get the error message "Sorry, it looks like our service isn't working...