Xbox party relays everything I hear through my computer through the mic.

Discus and support Xbox party relays everything I hear through my computer through the mic. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So for about a month or so, my friends have been complaining about my headset echoing and hearing the audio from videos or my music. I use other apps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Im2UrRight, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Im2UrRight
    Im2UrRight Guest

So for about a month or so, my friends have been complaining about my headset echoing and hearing the audio from videos or my music. I use other apps such as discord and skype, even facebooks messenger system and it doesn't echo
    or play the audio over there so through deductive reasoning, it has to be the Xbox app itself. I've spent most of last week searching for a solution to the problem and I can't seem to find one. I'll leave a clear bulleted list of the issue below. Can I please
    get some help on this issue. I'm tired of my friends pestering me to get a new mic when there is no need to.

Issues:

• My friends can hear themselves and videos/music I play on my computer
    • I have no visual indication that this is happening. the visual queue of when I speak only works when I speak so normally
    • If I were to mute myself through my headset I will still echo but if I were to mute myself through the app itself it would be fine

:)

Im2UrRight, Oct 1, 2018
  2. how do i change my headset options?

i've accepted a party invite through my laptop rather than my xbox. now my friends can't hear my through my mic and only through my headset. how do I change it to where they can hear me through my mic rather than my laptop?

I am Octimas 01, Oct 1, 2018
  3. party chat through speaker

So when i have my settings on party chat through headset i hear the game play just fine along with my party but when i change it to party through speaker my game volume through my mic gets drowned out because my party volume gets louder why does party through
    speaker affect my mic.

Lv99 Jiqqlypuff, Oct 1, 2018
  4. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest

I'm just wondering if you have a mic on your computer that is active as well as your headset mic.

If you are wanting to listen to music/watch videos while you play games/talk to your friends, you could use some phone ear buds (the ones that go in your ear) and put your headset on, with the ear buds in, so you listen to music and hear the video audio,
    while playing games/talking to friends. That's usually what I do when streaming FM7 or Halo 5.

Hopefully something I posted will be of use to you.

LegoNinja187, Oct 1, 2018
  5. Im2UrRight
    Im2UrRight Guest
    No, just the one headset. also, your other proposition kinda defeats the purpose on talking through the app than through the xbox.

Im2UrRight, Oct 1, 2018
  6. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Im2UrRight

So you chat thru the PC and listen with a headset? if that is the case then that is why they getting feedback due to it going thru the mic on PC. If you are chatting thru a headset try turning the setting called mic monitoring down under Audio that is basically
    how sensitive the mic is if it set way up it will pick up everything. As far as if all this been done I wear my ear buds and have it all set my friends tell me they hear noises that are blocks away, just got a very sensitive mic. Can also try just setting
    party chat to headset only.

hope this helps

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Support

XBF Brad A, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: