Xbox party chat on PC problems, game chat only?

Discus and support Xbox party chat on PC problems, game chat only? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; New to PC so I apologize if it’s a dumb question. The last few days when I join an Xbox party through the Xbox app on my PC, I can hear everyone... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/danielshutts, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Xbox party chat on PC problems, game chat only?

New to PC so I apologize if it’s a dumb question. The last few days when I join an Xbox party through the Xbox app on my PC, I can hear everyone talking but they can’t hear me. The ONLY time they can hear my voice is if I have game bar (WIN + G) open. Once I click anything to make game bar close, the party can’t hear me talk anymore. I’ve updated all drivers, windows, xbox app, and everything else that has said needs updating. Microphone permissions are turned on and I’m stumped right now. I can talk to people just fine in game chat but just not party chat. I’m currently using ASTRO A40 headset. Anyone else experiencing this problem, had this happen before, or know how to fix it? Thank you for any help!

submitted by /u/danielshutts
    [link] [comments]

/u/danielshutts, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Zenosos Win User

Audio capture

the only way this would be possible is one of two solutions you connect your party through the Xbox app on your pc and talk through the pc on either Xbox party or discord voice chat. There is no way of doing it any other way, however. due to the party
    chat being on a different channel on the Xbox to the audio of the game on the Xbox. Or you can stream through the Xbox to pick up the party chat this way but you won't be able to use Obs.
  3. Listed mia 510 Win User

Skype chat help

You should select party chat in the menu for party voice only or game chat for game chat only
  4. Gunnsquad Win User

Xbox one disconnects and reconnects within seconds

I will give that a try and get back to you if the problem changes

Update: Connecting via wireless and factory reset did not fix my problem

Also i have not had any problems streaming to other devices such as my 2 smart tvs, pc, switch, or phones.

The problem only occurs during a multiplayer game or in party chat. I wasnt even playing a game but was in party chat and my xbox kicked me off.
  5. keatonhough Win User

Streaming on twitch from an Xbox series x

Party chat isn’t the problem it’s when I’m in game chat with friends my stream cannot hear them only me!
  6. WendellBetshanger Win User

In game chat for twitch

The problem isn't with the stream itself, everyone can hear the streamers voice but if I'm playing call of duty my in game party chat isn't broadcasted on the stream, Xbox users have togo in an Xbox party chat and as I have mentioned not everyone uses Xbox, so if I play with a PC or PS player their voices won't be heard in stream, again the problem is that Xbox has to much restrictions on the streaming side of things not allowing in game chat to be broadcasted.
Thema:

Xbox party chat on PC problems, game chat only?

1. Xbox party chat on PC problems, game chat only? - Similar Threads - party chat problems

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  4. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  5. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  6. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  7. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  8. problem with party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    problem with party chat: when i try to switch back to party chat, it just wont let me, even if i restart my xbox and my internet connection. idk what to do next, i tried switching my account to try on other one and it...
  9. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  10. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53