Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

Discus and support Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am on windows 11. I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC. I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by xXI TheBum IXx, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

I am on windows 11.

I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC.

I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset on PC. It works fine.

I want to talk to my friends on Xbox Via the XBox App. I have noticed that no one can hear me when I use the App. I checked the settings and I am using the right inputs. I go into the audio mixer settings in the computer and even set the right inputs for xbox specifically.

The weird thing is if i press Windows+G and open the game bar, People can now hear me.

Would be fine only when I try to USE my CPU and click off/minimize the game bar, no one can hear me anymore.

One thing that sorta works is that I can pin the xbox party to the desktop but I dont think thats supposed to be the case.

Idealy I would like to just open the xbox app (screw the game bar) and just hop into an xbox party with my friends. Anyone know what I can do?

:)

xXI TheBum IXx, Dec 4, 2023
  2. leonharlick Win User

Hello is there any update on this as ive had the same for over a week
  3. Thomas Lanning Win User

i am also having the same issue on pc hopefully there while be a patch to this soon
  4. leonharlick Win User

Also ive noticed if i try to start party from within the xbox app its self that i get muted when minimising but doesnt unmute after restoring chat to main focus.only way to get back is to exit party and rejoin
  5. Will Smith7 Win User

I have been having this same issue
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you cannot use your microphone when Xbox Game Bar is minimized. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It appears that this is a recent issue with Xbox party chat using the Xbox Game bar where the functionalities of Xbox party chat fails when Xbox Game bar is minimized. We will consult this to our internal support team, and we encourage you to submit your feedback using the Feedback Hub for windows. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum] See: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

For the meantime, you can do the workaround which is pinning the party chat so it stays active when the Xbox Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget.

We appreciate for your patience while waiting for the permanent fixed or updates coming from our working team.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar - Similar Threads - party chat mutes

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  4. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  5. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  6. Party chat for a mute

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat for a mute: I play on series x with a keyboard attached for faster xbox messaging because i am unable to speak with a disability. In party chat i use text to speech and it is a huge benefit. MY question is,...
  7. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  8. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  9. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?: I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it. Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio left is their voices. I am usually playing...
  10. Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat: All my settings are on for the mic turtle beach sent me a new headset and still i get muted 7440d5ed-baa1-411b-a281-b75658bc72a2