Xbox party chat on pc disconnecting after a few minutes

Discus and support Xbox party chat on pc disconnecting after a few minutes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i join a party on pc after a few minutes everyone in my party goes quiet and then i get a invite to my own party. and when everyone goes quiet i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaylorMancey, Jul 10, 2020.

1. TaylorMancey
    TaylorMancey Guest

When i join a party on pc after a few minutes everyone in my party goes quiet and then i get a invite to my own party. and when everyone goes quiet i look at the party and it says everyone is disconnected. it has only started recently like the past week
    but it has been happening non stop

:)

TaylorMancey, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Francia J. Win User

"Party chat disconnected" every few minutes

May I ask what is your NAT Type? Also, also please try using a different network connection such as a mobile hotspot, and check if it will work.
  3. Francia J. Win User

"Party chat disconnected" every few minutes

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, are you on Xbox, PC, or on Xbox App mobile device?

If you're on Xbox, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

"1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."

Also, please make sure that your NAT Type is OPEN by following the steps below:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Test NAT Type.
  4. Swagathus Win User

Is it just me?

As a followup to my previous post... apparently after a few minutes on gears of war 3 I just get disconnected again and have to go back to the dashboard to regain connection. Still broken I guess but it is an improvement to not being able to sign in at all.
    Parties/private chat is working for me at least
  5. Jaw10 Win User

Whenever I change my microphone or do something that involves speaking, like joining a call/party, my internet disconnects.

I am wireless and I cant sadly connect to ethernet as well, the routers downstairs and I'm upstairs,
    I cant join Xbox parties or discord calls/voice chats without disconnecting after, around 3-4 minutes.

And no it does not disconnect me when I am either streaming on twitch, or recording my voice.
  6. xBishix Win User

Sporadic "Disconnected from Xbox Live" messages.

I am having the same issue and it's starting to make me become very agitated. Sporadic disconnects from XBox live when I am not actively playing an online game. If I am playing a single player game, Skyrim for example, within 5 minutes I am disconnected
    from Live. If I am in a Party Chat I am disconnected from the chat but not Live. Then I have to reconnect to the Party. Or, my friend are booted from the party and not me...the party issues happen every 2-3 minutes or less sometimes. Starting to get very aggravating.
Thema:

1. Xbox party chat on pc disconnecting after a few minutes - Similar Threads - party chat disconnecting

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  4. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  5. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  6. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  7. Party Chat Disconnecting please help

in XboX Insiders
    Party Chat Disconnecting please help: Good evening fellow gamers, I've been having trouble with my party chat, it will stay on for a minute then disconnect. I've restarted my wifi and my Xbox along with updated it. I've checked my...
  8. Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...: So about a month ago I was playing league of legends and in the middle of the match everyone stopped moving and my party chat said everyone was disconnected and that I was trying to connect. The...
  9. Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...: I frequently disconnect randomly from online games on my xbox series S despite having zero lag aside from these abrupt disconnects. I am on ethernet and never had these issues until a few months...
  10. Xbox party chat disconnecting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat disconnecting: So I’ve been having this issue for the past few hours in my party chat. When I join a party it either immediately disconnects me from said party, gets so choppy I can’t understand my friends and...