Xbox party chat no longer allows isolation of game and party chat

Discus and support Xbox party chat no longer allows isolation of game and party chat in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been experiencing this issue for around 2 months now. I have tried a new headset and new controller and still am running into the same problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by joe cyanide, Sep 19, 2018.

1. joe cyanide
    joe cyanide Guest

I have been experiencing this issue for around 2 months now. I have tried a new headset and new controller and still am running into the same problem. I've also hard reset and factory reset my console in order to try to fix this particular issue.

Chat audio has weird interference/echoing unless I put the slider all the way to game, then it will sound clear. The game slider used to be only to make the game audio louder and quiet down the chat, this no longer works. Everything scales the same and both
    channels get louder with chat often drowning out the game audio. I cannot isolate just chat or just game, they either both get louder or both get quieter.

I am using Astro A40's with the M80 mixamp and official first party Xbox One controllers.

Note: This also occurs within the xbox app itself, not just my mixamp.

:)

joe cyanide, Sep 19, 2018
  2. CHORAS DEN
    CHORAS DEN Guest
    Live chat was working, now can't hear each other

Party chat is a voice chatroom that resides in the operating system of the Xbox. Game chat is the chat feature built into a certain game. Party chat allows users to chat while playing different game titles. Do a search on Xbox.com about NAT ratings.

CHORAS DEN, Sep 19, 2018
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    2-day free trial error 8c21003

48 hour trials allows certain game modes only and no party chat and not all games are supported

ngocphi, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Xbox party chat no longer allows isolation of game and party chat

Hello, joe cyanide!

Sorry to hear about this weird problem.

A good article for troubleshooting this kind of thing can be found
    here
    ,have you tried everything there?

Also, are both the headsets you tried third party headsets?

It could be a compatibility issue if it's not something with your console.

Let us know what kind of troubleshooting you have done so that we can help resolve this further.

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Sep 19, 2018
  5. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    XBF Chris J, Sep 19, 2018
  6. joe cyanide
    joe cyanide Guest
    So I tried a few things and it is now working 100%. I had to disable the setting that allows me to hear party chat coming though speakers and headsets. So now it only comes through the headset and I can use my mixamp correctly. The other issue resided in
    my boom mic I believe.

I'm in Preview Alpha as well, so that can be something to address in the future. Thank you for the support!

joe cyanide, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: