Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

Discus and support Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Xbox and PC are wired separately into the router Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theroninhunter, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

The Xbox and PC are wired separately into the router

theroninhunter, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    Hi,

To further isolate the issue, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Did the issue start after an update?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check for Windows 10 update. You may refer to this

link

Wilfred Mac, Apr 17, 2017
  3. My Windows 10 device is on the creator's update, drivers are upto date, I spent 6 hours yesterday with an Xbox support rep looking at this and discovered the following issue

IF I run the network detailed stats on the xbox I get 160ms ping (UK->US) but the correct download 300mbps and upload 20mbps speeds

BUT

If I run the same test through the Xbox app whilst streaming my console the download speed drops to 1mbps but the upload remains the same

Naturally the Xbox support blamed my home network and disconnected but I have now had a friend of mine do the EXACT same test on his xbox and PC, he gets the same problem a drop of his download speed when streaming to his PC.

theroninhunter, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

Just discovered that streaming also reduces my download speed of game patches, turn off the stream and the console then increases to 200mbps, I have photos and screenshots but cannot uploading to the forum for some reason

theroninhunter, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We would like to verify if you have contacted your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about this matter.

We also suggest that you perform a clean boot on your computer. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. To proceed, you may refer to this

link

Kindly update with the results, after you perform a clean boot.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 19, 2017
  6. My ISP says the line is clean of jitter and 0% packet loss with top speed of 325mbps down and 25mbps up, a clean boot has been done with no difference.

theroninhunter, Apr 20, 2017
  7. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    We appreciate your effort by keeping us updated with this case. To further isolate the issue, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different network to check if it does the same thing?
    • Have you tried signing in a different account to the Xbox app?
    • Have you tried using a different device and connected it to your network and check if the same instance occurs?

Wilfred Mac, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Wilfred Mac Win User

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We would like to verify if you have contacted your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about this matter.

We also suggest that you perform a clean boot on your computer. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. To proceed, you may refer to this

link

Kindly update with the results, after you perform a clean boot.
  9. theroninhunter Win User

Hi,

To further isolate the issue, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Did the issue start after an update?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check for Windows 10 update. You may refer to this

link
    My Windows 10 device is on the creator's update, drivers are upto date, I spent 6 hours yesterday with an Xbox support rep looking at this and discovered the following issue

IF I run the network detailed stats on the xbox I get 160ms ping (UK->US) but the correct download 300mbps and upload 20mbps speeds

BUT

If I run the same test through the Xbox app whilst streaming my console the download speed drops to 1mbps but the upload remains the same

Naturally the Xbox support blamed my home network and disconnected but I have now had a friend of mine do the EXACT same test on his xbox and PC, he gets the same problem a drop of his download speed when streaming to his PC.
  10. theroninhunter Win User

The Xbox and PC are wired separately into the router
  11. theroninhunter Win User

We will appreciate if you can update us with the results.

That is all done but no change. Xbox is in DMZ, port forwarded those ports to the PC too.

Since the provided solutions were unable to resolve the issue, we need to gather additional information to further isolate your concern and provide you a different solution.

• Is your Xbox console getting the network connection directly from your router or your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue if you connect the devices wireless to the network?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue if you stream on the Xbox only?
    1). The console is connected to Router by Cat6 as is the PC

2). Never tried WiFi as wired cable is always better

3). What do you mean by stream on the Xbox only?
  12. theroninhunter Win User

Hi,

Network issues while playing online can occur due to several reasons. For us to isolate the issue, kindly provide us the information below:

• Have you done any changes on your computer or your network hardware settings prior to the issue?
    • Does the same issue occur when you are connected to a different network?

You can also perform the suggested solutions provided on this
    link

If you need further assistance in configuring your network settings on your router, you can contact your Internet Service Provider.

Nope, my internal network has been the same and I've got no other network to even try it on.

Before we continue troubleshooting your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps provided on this

link
      ?
    • Have you tried to restart your devices and your router?

You can also update the Xbox App to enable new features and improve the app's performance by follow the steps below:

1. Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

If the issue persists, you can reply to this post so we can find another way to resolve your concern.

Hi yes the issue persists after a restart of the PC and router, the XBox app is at the latest version from the Store.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps that we have provided, we suggest that you perform the solutions provided on this

link
    to resolve issues with Party Chats and network errors on the Xbox App.

We will appreciate if you can update us with the results.
    That is all done but no change. Xbox is in DMZ, port forwarded those ports to the PC too.
Thema:

1. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN - Similar Threads - Party Chat issues

2. Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch

in XboX Insiders
    Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch: Hello, I am running into an issue on my Xbox and I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I recently have gotten a XR1 capture card and a webcam to start streaming. I downloaded OBS to my MacBook...
  3. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...: Fix party chat. It's been an issue since 2015 on the Xbox One original. And you've done nothing to fix it, utterly useless of Microsoft, billion dollar company, can't even fix their own issue that...
  7. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  8. Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.: I have an open nat type, but when I join parties, it says that I am connecting, then I get kicked out, with the message "party chat disconnected showing at the bottom. This happened back in...
  9. Xbox overlay party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox overlay party chat issues: I was just starting to play cod mw3 with my friend (me on PC and him on Xbox) I invite him to a party through the overlay (windows+G) when he joins we can hear each other just fine when the...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...