Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

Discus and support Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, So I got two problems really 1). I get streaming lag on a LAN connected network, no WiFi or Powerlans just straight Cat6 into the router from a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theroninhunter, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

Hi,

So I got two problems really

1). I get streaming lag on a LAN connected network, no WiFi or Powerlans just straight Cat6 into the router from a PC and Xbox

2). I constantly get the stupid turedo issue running the commands below sometimes works......

netsh interface Teredo set state disable

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

I've got v24.26.14000.00000 of the Xbox App on Windows 10 Pro fully patched

:)

theroninhunter, Mar 13, 2017
  2. Lag if using party feature

Anytime I use party chat while streaming, the streaming starts to lag a lot. I am able to play on very high settings, but as soon as I join a party I lag even on medium and low settings. My download speed is 120 mbps and upload is 6 mbps. Any ideas why this
    is happening, as this never used to happen before.

ShreyashPatel, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    Lag if using party feature

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing issues with Streaming on Xbox Live while using the Party Chat. It may be due to a possible connection error or the environment where your device is located.

To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• On which device are you streaming while using the Party Chat?
    • Does the issue occur when you are streaming without the Party Chat enabled?
    • How do you connect your device to the network?
    • How many devices are connected to your network hardware?

Loraine Mon, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

Hi,

Network issues while playing online can occur due to several reasons. For us to isolate the issue, kindly provide us the information below:

• Have you done any changes on your computer or your network hardware settings prior to the issue?
    • Does the same issue occur when you are connected to a different network?

You can also perform the suggested solutions provided on this
    link

If you need further assistance in configuring your network settings on your router, you can contact your Internet Service Provider.

Loraine Mon, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Bad Kermit
    Bad Kermit Guest
    Streaming to Win10 is a train wreck. On both a wired desktop PC and my laptop either wireless or wired, it's glitchy to the point of being unplayable. I'm in the alpha preview build, and at least 2-3 times per week, streaming to Win10 just flat-out won't
    work. I get the "sign in on your console" message, I get an inability to turn on/off my Xbox from the app. I'll hard reset my Xbox, reboot my PC, uninstall my controller, anything to try to make it work. On the occasions when it does supposedly work "flawlessly,"
    half the time my S controller won't work. It's plugged in via micro USB, and works completely fine with the Xbox app.

When I finally get streaming to work, every 10-20 minutes, I'll get the dreaded "network quality issues" message which totally freezes the game, so anything remotely resembling multiplayer or requiring any sort of precision is unplayable. The stream also
    freezes up whenever an achievement unlocks (which is odd that it shows a notification through both the Win10 app and the Xbox). I have a Google Wifi mesh system, but even connecting directly through a router on my PC doesn't work very well.

It's super frustrating, because I would use this feature nearly every day if it were remotely reliable. And on the rare occasions that it works the way it should, it's an amazing feature. But as it stands, it's an absolute mess.

Bad Kermit, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Nope, my internal network has been the same and I've got no other network to even try it on.

theroninhunter, Mar 16, 2017
  7. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    Before we continue troubleshooting your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps provided on this

link
      ?
    • Have you tried to restart your devices and your router?

You can also update the Xbox App to enable new features and improve the app's performance by follow the steps below:

1. Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

If the issue persists, you can reply to this post so we can find another way to resolve your concern.

Loraine Mon, Mar 17, 2017
  8. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

Hi yes the issue persists after a restart of the PC and router, the XBox app is at the latest version from the Store.

theroninhunter, Mar 19, 2017
  9. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    If you are still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps that we have provided, we suggest that you perform the solutions provided on this

link
    to resolve issues with Party Chats and network errors on the Xbox App.

We will appreciate if you can update us with the results.

Loraine Mon, Mar 20, 2017
  10. That is all done but no change. Xbox is in DMZ, port forwarded those ports to the PC too.

theroninhunter, Mar 22, 2017
  11. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    Since the provided solutions were unable to resolve the issue, we need to gather additional information to further isolate your concern and provide you a different solution.

• Is your Xbox console getting the network connection directly from your router or your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue if you connect the devices wireless to the network?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue if you stream on the Xbox only?

Loraine Mon, Mar 24, 2017
  12. 1). The console is connected to Router by Cat6 as is the PC

2). Never tried WiFi as wired cable is always better

3). What do you mean by stream on the Xbox only?

theroninhunter, Mar 25, 2017
  13. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

So I refreshed my desktop with just a vanilla Windows 10 image, no AV etc and used Xbox one on WiFi and Ethernet with no change. Still ok on medium quality but high and above causes lag.

theroninhunter, Mar 26, 2017
  14. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

Loraine Mon, Mar 27, 2017
  15. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    To improve the Xbox app game streaming performance, it is highly recommended that your computer and your Xbox console should be connected wired directly to the router using Ethernet cables.

If the Xbox console is getting its network connection on the computer, that means it shares the bandwidth that the computer gets from the router which causes the issue.

For your reference and guidelines about resolving this matter, you can click this

link
    and follow the suggested methods.

Keep us updated with the results and contact us back if you need more help.

Loraine Mon, Mar 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN - Similar Threads - Party Chat issues

2. Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch

in XboX Insiders
    Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch: Hello, I am running into an issue on my Xbox and I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I recently have gotten a XR1 capture card and a webcam to start streaming. I downloaded OBS to my MacBook...
  3. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...: Fix party chat. It's been an issue since 2015 on the Xbox One original. And you've done nothing to fix it, utterly useless of Microsoft, billion dollar company, can't even fix their own issue that...
  7. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  8. Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.: I have an open nat type, but when I join parties, it says that I am connecting, then I get kicked out, with the message "party chat disconnected showing at the bottom. This happened back in...
  9. Xbox overlay party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox overlay party chat issues: I was just starting to play cod mw3 with my friend (me on PC and him on Xbox) I invite him to a party through the overlay (windows+G) when he joins we can hear each other just fine when the...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...