Xbox parties and Discord calls (on the console) not working

Discus and support Xbox parties and Discord calls (on the console) not working in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Party chat will not work. The Connecting notification appears indefinitely and I cannot hear my friends nor can they hear me. Additionally, Discord... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Corey Mulholland, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Xbox parties and Discord calls (on the console) not working

Party chat will not work. The Connecting notification appears indefinitely and I cannot hear my friends nor can they hear me. Additionally, Discord calls will not work on my Xbox either. All settings related to these features should be allowing me access to them. Issue has been present for nearly 4 days. Restarting my console and router has done nothing to fix it.

:)

Corey Mulholland, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again Corey,

If that is correct, anyway, if you need more help I will be willing to help you here. I wish you good luck!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Corey Mulholland Win User

Hello Daniel, thank you very much for your reply. Based on the information you have given, and external research, it seems that the reason I cannot use Xbox parties is because the UPnP on my router is unsuccessful. I will try to get this resolved.

Thanks again for your help.

Corey
  4. Corey Mulholland Win User

Hello again Daniel,

After spending a few hours trying to fix the issue, I found the UPnP settings - however when I went to change them it said that "Some features where unavailable in CLAT mode" and didn't let me modify anything further. Is it possible to exit CLAT mode? Would you know how to? For reference my router is a 4G Huawei Router 3 Pro B535.

Thanks,

Corey
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

CLAT mode can in some cases limit your router's ability to perform certain tasks, such as changing UPnP settings.

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to exit CLAT mode on the Huawei Router 3 Pro B535 4G. Therefore, I would recommend you contact your internet provider directly so that they can provide you with more specialized help.

Just out of curiosity, could you restore your router to factory settings?
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Corey M, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem, with the intention of helping you I am going to suggest several things to try to identify/solve this root problem.

The first thing I am going to suggest is that you check the status of Xbox to rule out possible failures in the Servers that are causing this problem: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

If everything appears fine, we go to the next step. Which is to check your NAT type:

1. Open Settings > General > Network Settings.
    2. You can look next to your configuration at the current status of your network to check your NAT type. If this does not appear, select Test NAT Type.
    3. It will take up to a minute to verify the connection. When it completes, it will show your NAT type.

If your NAT type is Moderate or Closed, it may prevent you from interacting with other people. This is the most common reason why you cannot hear a specific person in the group with you.

To correct the NAT type, you must open the appropriate ports on your router (if allowed) or contact your ISP.

If all this doesn't work, the next step is to check your privacy settings:

It is possible that some privacy settings do not allow you to talk/converse with your friends in a voice chat, so it is important to rule out this problem.

1. Open Settings > Account > Online privacy & security.
    2. Select Xbox Privacy.
    3. Select View details and customize.
    4. Select Communication and multiplayer.
    5. Check that you can join multiplayer games, join cross-play, communicate with others, and that others can communicate with you. Generally, these settings should be set to: Allow, Allow, Everyone, Everyone.

Source: https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/fix-xbox-party-chat-not-working/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know if this information was useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. Xbox parties and Discord calls (on the console) not working - Similar Threads - parties Discord calls

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link: Well, I'm having issues. This started just today, and I did what was instructed on the help area. None of it seemed to help. When I join a voice connection, I see on my overlay someone talking,...
  6. Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.: Hello everyone, for about 3 weeks I have been having a lot of problems when I joined an Xbox party. To begin with, the profile does not load correctly when I join or create a party group (it...
  7. My vc isn't working in party/ in game and discord but I don't have a ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My vc isn't working in party/ in game and discord but I don't have a ban: So none of my chats are working, I can't hear friends and they can't hear me but I don't have a ban. Any ideas please and I've already been through the settings like 10 times, thank you....
  8. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  9. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  10. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...