XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

Discus and support XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi Is there any type of Xbox (can be an old one, i don't care) where i can set up a Parental Control password and be confident that it cannot be... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MichaelRCW, Nov 30, 2021.

1. MichaelRCW
    MichaelRCW Guest

XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

Hi

Is there any type of Xbox (can be an old one, i don't care) where i can set up a Parental Control password and be confident that it cannot be removed?

Some links say that a kid with an adult-sounding voice can simply phone Xbox support, and claim to be a new owner with no access to the original log-in details, and then XBox support will believe them and issue a reset code.

Is this true, and, if so, is there any way to prevent this?

(I am perfectly happy that if my Parental Code is lost, it can never be retrieved - i want the 100% confidence that XBox support will not help anyone to reset device, and thereby remove the parental control)

Thanks

Michael

:)

MichaelRCW, Nov 30, 2021
  2. MichaelRCW Win User

"If he creates an adult account, yes"

and as you said:

"You cannot prevent a child from creating an adult account"

So in fact, the Parental Control can be reset by a capable kid who is able to google the question.

That is very disappointing, if I have understood it right.

Why don't they allow a registered owner to permanently block that option, accepting upon themselves that if they forget their password they will have no recourse? It seems to me that this is an *option* which should be offered to a parent who want it ....
  3. SammyVS Win User

If he creates an adult account, yes.
  4. MichaelRCW Win User

Thank you for replying

"You cannot prevent a child from creating an adult account, nor can you prevent them from requesting an Xbox call.
    They can say they bought a used console and they don't know the password and an agent will walk you through how to remove the password through the devices page and to do this you need an adult account."

"to do this you need an adult account."

So just to be sure i have understood you correctly, my child could use this method to remove the password / unlock the XBox ?
  5. MichaelRCW Win User

Hi Samy

1. Thank you for your reply. I hope you are well.

2. i am not talking about resetting a Microsoft Account password

3. I am talking about giving my kids an XBox 360 or another type of Xbox / game console

4. I will put Parental Controls in place, which i don't want them to be able to remove / override. This is very important to me.

5. Many websites (for example, see next paragraph) seem to say, that if someone claims to have just bought the XBox from a previous owner, and they don't know any details of password / previous owner's Microsoft account / email etc - then they can call Xbox Customer Support who will help them reset the XBox - thus removing the Parental Control!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-control/87745b1e-9691-44ff-b1d1-11a35aa77cd0

QUESTION: "I Buyed a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot plays games for more 18 years and i'm not has the password. How can I disable?"

ANSWER: D3ATH PRONE

Hello Digos X! You will need to contact Xbox Customer Support for your issue.

ANSWER: ArminatorX - Xbox Ambassador

... You need to contact the OFFICIAL Xbox support (in your particular case you need the phone support, so they can check you're an adult, and not the kid trying to turn off the parental controls without the parents knowing).

When on the phone, provide the Xbox support with the console serial number (found on a sticker on the back, or behind the front flap of the USB ports, or in the system information screen in the settings), and you will get the unlock code.

So all my kid needs to do (he has an adult-sounding voice) is phone XBox,tell them that he is a new buyer of this console, and provide the console serial number, and XBox will give him an unlock code !?

Is this correct?

If it *is* correct, is there any way I can stop this, in advance?

Could I request from XBox customer support, in advance, that they should never accept any request to provide an unlock code? Would that work?

6. All the best

Michael
  6. SammyVS Win User

Unfortunately, I don't know the reason for this.
Thema:

1. XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking? - Similar Threads - parental controls password

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  4. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  5. CONTROLE DOS PAIS OU SENHA PARENTAL DO XBOX 360 [Parental control or XBOX 360 parent password ]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CONTROLE DOS PAIS OU SENHA PARENTAL DO XBOX 360 [Parental control or XBOX 360 parent password ]: COMO FAÇO PARA TIRAR ESSA SENHA? KRL Translation: [ How do I get this password? KRL] 6ab05d1c-0f9f-4e18-93a0-6a4bac0d1446
  6. Parent control password FORGOT

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent control password FORGOT: My son decided to put a parent control password on his xbox so his step brother wouldn't get on his xbox. He has not a clue what it is or what his pass code question is. So I can't reset his pass...
  7. PARENT CONTROL PASSWORD FORGOT

in XBoX on Consoles
    PARENT CONTROL PASSWORD FORGOT: Please help, forgot parent control password. Need help to unlock parent control. I have serialnumber and product id. 16d5a6bb-2b65-41e9-801a-8bcfbaf742fb
  8. I have forgotten my parent control password and my back up questions and I want to disable them

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have forgotten my parent control password and my back up questions and I want to disable them: Please can anyone help with resseting my parent control settings on my console I forgot the password and I really want play this COD BO II.. Or if there is a code can someone please help me out...
  9. I need to reset my password to parent`s control.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to reset my password to parent`s control.: Hi, How can I reset my password to parent`s control ? I can't remember password and also can`t remember the answer of security question. 484b62b8-6bee-451d-a80a-c31e58681365
  10. Parent control password locked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent control password locked: Hi I purchased a used Xbox 360 console but was unaware that it had a parental code, now with certain games it requires a code, how do I reset it because I cant get hold of the previous owner...