XBox Parent Account

Discus and support XBox Parent Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chris Kunesh, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Chris Kunesh
    Chris Kunesh Guest

XBox Parent Account

My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional information from that profile and transfer to a new profile making that the parent? In short, if I could make the current parent future child and current child future parent it would be a win win.

Thanks,

:)

Chris Kunesh, Nov 16, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Parent and child accounts on Xbox are designed to help parents manage their children’s gaming activities. A parent account is the primary account that can create and manage child accounts. Child accounts are created for children under the age of 18 and are linked to the parent account. The parent account can set up parental controls, such as screen time limits, content restrictions, and spending limits, for each child account.

You cannot change your account to be a child account. You will have to create a new account for your child.

To create a child account, the parent account must first create a family group. The family group can have up to six members, including the parent account. Once the family group is created, the parent account can add a child account to the group. The child account will be linked to the parent account and will have access to the parent account’s Xbox Live Gold subscription and other benefits.

I hope this helps.
  3. Mister Cerb Win User

nokia lumia marketplace

Hey there Club! If your account a child account? Sounds like you'll need to promote your account to an adult account or adjust your parental settings so that your account is allowed to purchase on the marketplace. Here's a guide on parental controls if you
    need it:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  4. WhiPeR SnaPPeRz Win User

Closing account loopholes

Im not saying delete the parent account from the family, i mean remove the parent account from the console. It's his home xbox and his live Gold, the parent account is just on the console for accountability.
  5. RetroHALOAGENT Win User

Change parental email

This is not parental email for xbox live, thats the microsoft account. I want to be able to edit the parental email on my xbox live account, not microsoft account
  6. Kalmarn Win User

Xbox live gold on parent account

You either need the parent account to have the xbox set as the Home xbox OR the parent account needs to be signed in to allow the child account to use the Gold
Thema:

XBox Parent Account

1. XBox Parent Account - Similar Threads - Parent Account

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  9. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....
  10. I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control: My account does not allow me to add my son's account to parental control, I think there is something wrong with one of the two accounts but I don't really know what the requirements or...