Xbox only working on a specific tv.

Discus and support Xbox only working on a specific tv. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve just bought a this Xbox one a of a friend as it was working no problem. I tried plugging it into my tv and it keep saying mode not supported. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spencer Morris2, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Xbox only working on a specific tv.

I’ve just bought a this Xbox one a of a friend as it was working no problem. I tried plugging it into my tv and it keep saying mode not supported. I’ve been through all the tvs settings to try fix the problem, but with no luck. I’ve also tried it on a monitor and with 2 different hdmi cables on each and it still doesn’t work, yet it works on my friends tv fine. Was wondering if there’s some sort of setting on the Xbox that only lets it work on a certain tv, or if it’s a different issue.

:)

Spencer Morris2, Apr 26, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Spencer M! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Have you tried running the console in Low Res Mode on a TV which doesn't work? That would show it does work then its a case of working out settings.
  3. TotalFark Win User

can't connect my xbox one to my Philips 4k tv

Try switching the Xbox to 1080p on the TV that works and try and plug it back into the new TV. Sometimes the newer TV only accept a 4K signal from a very specific HDMI in port. Make sure you are using that specific port.
  4. NEO XBOX360 Win User

Xbox only works on Samsung tv's

What kind of cable do you use to connect Xbox to your monitor? VGA? HDMI?
  5. Lspooner91 Win User

Xbox only works on Samsung tv's

Im not really a technology person :( well, its just connected up normally as you would do, but it doesn't work on any other tele apart from a samsung but it hasn't been connected with a dvi. but its strange that the xbox only recognises samsung. i gave it
    to my friend because it works on his samsung and his xbox works fine on my toshiba :)
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Xbox works on one tv only

Hi BxA BadBruza,

This is kind of a funky issue. Let's see what we can do here.

At your friends house, did he have an Xbox hooked up that was working? What we want to do is isolate the issue, so if there is anyone you know who has a different console we can try, we will want to try using that console on the displays that didn't work for
    your console.

Let us know if that's a possibility, and we can go from there.
Thema:

1. Xbox only working on a specific tv. - Similar Threads - working specific

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  7. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  8. Gears of War 4 PC xbox one controller does not work in specific situations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 PC xbox one controller does not work in specific situations: Hello, In Gears of War 4, purchased through the Xbox store. The Xbox One controller i'm using does not function when you mount a heavy weapon. For example, in the very first mission, you need to...
  9. Remote play using XBOX app specifically not working on windows 11.

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play using XBOX app specifically not working on windows 11.: I have been attempting to use this for weeks now, and i keep getting the same error, I used a different form...
  10. How does Xbox 360 Cloud Storage work, specifically?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox 360 Cloud Storage work, specifically?: I know it backs up saves to the cloud. Accessible to all platforms through your account via the Cloud, all clear there. I've been unable to copy, only move theDark Souls Xbox 360 save file, I want...