Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing.

Discus and support Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my Xbox not auto update. I have my standby mode turned on, and it does auto update! BUT LITERALLY DOESNT UPDATE THE GAME I PLAY?! I can play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KikoSlayaa, May 4, 2024.

1. KikoSlayaa
    KikoSlayaa Guest

Why does my Xbox not auto update. I have my standby mode turned on, and it does auto update! BUT LITERALLY DOESNT UPDATE THE GAME I PLAY?! I can play SOT for months and get updates and it will not update that game, but if I’m playing fortnite it’ll update SOT without me doing it… vis versa, so basically anything I’m currently putting hours on it doesn’t auto update, just everything else in my library.

:)

KikoSlayaa, May 4, 2024
  2. iKillOrDieTryN Win User

Game updates not downloading while I'm not home.

Which updates? Console updates? or Game updates? if its game updates they wont update until you choose to play it. Console updates and things you buy online are the only things the xbox one auto downloads, from what i understand.
  3. RJMac77 Win User

Network Login Required

Hello. I’m good, thanks. I install games from Game Pass and connect periodically. I purchased the Xbox console (not a PC), I save locally, so why the requirement to connect? And why randomly in the middle of playing a game? The main reason I play offline is that whenever I’m online and auto-save kicks off it freezes me console, all I can do is restart.
  4. Aij615 Win User

Xbox series X keeps crashing playing games

I’ve tried each one of these steps today and attempted to play a game and still no joy as each times after about 5 mins of playing the Xbox does a buzzing clicking noise and then shuts down leaving the remote still on

I’m convinced I’ve got a faulty Xbox, I’m calling Argos tomorrow as I only brought it a few weeks back on my store card and I’m not prepared to pay £450 for them to send it off to be investigated.

Will update further
  5. a_woutyz Win User

why my asphalt 9 game is not updating even though i have tried to do in the microsoft store?

We are are now at december 15th and again update issues. I’m playing and paying in game and we can’t even play on Xbox
  6. Dangerous Alan Win User

Xbox One doesn't auto update games and applications

The update will auto-update in the early hours of the morning. If you get to the game first you will have to do it manually. So if the update becomes avail at 3pm and you don't play the game until the next day it will have auto-updated overnight. If you
    play the game at 5pm the same day it will need to update manually.
Thema:

1. Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing. - Similar Threads - auto updates games

2. Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...: Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec and now the device is switching off mid game and prompted with thermal warning on restart. [img] [img] Is this an issue with the device itself and needs...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox auto update games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox auto update games.: I dont get to play very often. every time i find the time to get on. every stupid game i want to play has some sort of update thats anywhere from 20 to well over 100gb needed in order to play....
  4. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  5. Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...: Okay, I just want my refund. Just tried to update MW3 for the 3rd time this month, it was a 48g update, I know because it literally said so, why it refuses to auto update anything even though I...
  6. Xbox Game Auto Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Auto Update: Why does the auto update for games on Xbox never work? I've been on Xbox since this feature first came out and it's NEVER worked correctly for me. This is through multiple console generations and...
  7. Issue with auto update in power save

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with auto update in power save: On a series X running the latest alpha OS. Auto update is enabled for games, apps and the OS. The console auto updates the OS fine but it does not update the games or apps. It won’t realise there...
  8. My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.: Whenever i power down my series X it disconnects from the internet. i have it set up for auto updates and downloads but none of this is possible. When switched on it auto connects to the network...
  9. How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?: The EA App will automatically launch when I start the Xbox App. I have both apps set NOT to auto launch on PC startup so this is particularly obnoxious for me. It definitely did not used to do...
  10. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates: I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store. CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft...