Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?!

Discus and support Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Right so I live in the UK. I do a speedtest on my iPhone, I ping to servers in dublin I get around 40-50ms. If I do a speedtest same again on iPhone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Liam.UK, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Liam.UK
    Liam.UK Guest

Right so I live in the UK. I do a speedtest on my iPhone, I ping to servers in dublin I get around 40-50ms.

If I do a speedtest same again on iPhone to New York & Seattle I get 90-110ms & 140-160ms.

If I do a speedtest on my Xbox its ALWAYS around 140-160ms & therefore 100% going straight to the US prehaps is why the UI is slower for EU people &I was wondering if I could get a explination from you guys about this because thats not a speed test really.
    Not if they go to the nearest relevant data centre which is dublin as far as I'm aware.

:)

Liam.UK, Apr 15, 2015
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    XBox One Latency

If you are referring to the latency when looking at the detailed network statistics screen then pay no attention to it.

It's nothing to worry about.

It doesn't matter where you are in the world the xbox will always ping a server in Seattle, Washington

I get a ping of 151 being in the UK.

It's absolutely nothing to worry about because you will get a totally different ping in games.

For instance the xbox dashboard says my ping is 151ms but titanfall says 24ms.

Malacath, Apr 15, 2015
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    XboxOne network Latency

@CorrectProcdure - Speedtest or pingtest from your computer, by default, always perform IP connectivity test against a well-known node, closest to where you are geographically located from this node. Whenever you test your Xbox One for connectivity with
    a basic IP connectivity, (ping) it will be measured against a node located in Seattle, WA.

Try pingtest from your computer against a node located in Seattle, WA, or a well-known node within WA.

taidara, Apr 15, 2015
  4. Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?!

The speed of the UI has nothing to do with the pinging to the server. Honestly I don't know why they ping the US servers but if your UI is slow you might want to powercycle or redownload your profile.

FearedNightmare, Apr 15, 2015
  5. Liam.UK
    Liam.UK Guest
    My ping to my local datacentre is 7ms & my speeds are 40up 3down... Nothing wrong with my internet its the fact that it communicates to seattle FIRST before any other data centre. It's been a big discussion on reddit recently.

Liam.UK, Oct 31, 2018
  6. KALEEF Win User

Latency

The latency test on the xbox one network settings is pinging a server in seattle. So when you use your pc to run a speedtest choose a server in seattle for a fair comparison.
  7. Liam.UK Win User

My ping to my local datacentre is 7ms & my speeds are 40up 3down... Nothing wrong with my internet its the fact that it communicates to seattle FIRST before any other data centre. It's been a big discussion on reddit recently.
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

The speed of the UI has nothing to do with the pinging to the server. Honestly I don't know why they ping the US servers but if your UI is slow you might want to powercycle or redownload your profile.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Detailed Network Statistics

Be aware that the Speedtest.net website tries to locate the closest Speedtest Server to your actual vicinity.

However, the Xbox seems to always test against servers based in Seattle Washington.

Try to manually set a Speedtest server that is in or near Redmond/Seattle.

Then compare these values you get on your PC with a Seattle/Redmond based Speedtest server with the measurements from your Xbox.
  10. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One x high latency

...Running a detailed network test on my xbox gives me

53.65 mbps down 5.54 up

2% packet loss

129ms latency

I perform a speedtest on the same xbox with ookla on microsoft edge

95 down 35 up

15ms ping

These latter results are the same results i get from phone and mobile speedtests.

I have a second xbox one which also gives the same results.
    Try to set the Ookla Speedtest to use a server in (or near) Seattle Washington.

I assume the internal test in the settings of the console uses a Xbox Live internal server in Redmond or Seattle (the Xbox Headquarters).

If you choose a Seattle/Redmond based server in the Ookla Speedtest you should get similar results in regards to latecy/Ping.

Since Ping measures the time a packet takes from you to a server and back, the ping time or latency depends on how far away your response server is.

So depending on who you choose to play with in an online match (people in Europe or the US vs people near you in Australia New Zealand) have of course higher latency, as the data has to travel half around the globe and back.
Thema:

1. Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?! - Similar Threads - One's detailed speedtest

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  4. So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570: I just don't know what to do and it just said this error code 0x80070570 while it was trying to update and its a used refurbished console so it doesn't have like any accounts on it or my account...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  7. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  8. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  9. Xbox One S won't show on my TV.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't show on my TV.: Tried to play fallout 3 on my Xbox one S, it turns on, but it won't go on my tv, just a black screen. I tried resetting itz I tried unplugging and plugging it back in, I tried powering it on and...
  10. THERE NOT ONE THING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT INFO AND IF IT IS GIVE MORE DETAIL??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    THERE NOT ONE THING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT INFO AND IF IT IS GIVE MORE DETAIL??: where is my rewards I do not want to waste any more of my time asking why I not getting my reward point!!! 58bb34cf-c7a8-45e5-8f3b-5f037d29e335