Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines

Discus and support Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm restarting this convo since the issue appears to not be fixed. When viewing newer 4k content the video after a while will freeze with a green... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TopcowRaven, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TopcowRaven
    TopcowRaven Guest

I'm restarting this convo since the issue appears to not be fixed.

When viewing newer 4k content the video after a while will freeze with a green screen with lines or it or a grey screen, it sometimes just stops other times will pause for a few seconds then keep going. Sometimes you have to watch longer videos for this
    to appear 15+ minutes or so just depends.

Here is the original post by one of the many users who has the same issue:

MOTORHEAD45102

Xbox one X issue with youtube app.

So I'm sure some you people have seen a couple of threads about an issue with the video playback on the youtube app, but the threads keep getting locked without there ever being any kind of confirmation or any help, though it may very well be all up to google/youtube
    to fix this glitching issue with the youtube videos. For me it used to only happen on 4k videos, but last night I was watching a 1080p video that I notice has switched to a new video codec vp9, which is what the 4k videos switched to and when the problem occurs.
    However last night the either gray block screen or green lines over the frozen image of the video is happening more often that it has been before. Idk if this is an xbox issue where it is having issues streaming vp9 codec or if its on the app side, but for
    me it only happens on youtube and not netflix or any other streaming service, tho I honestly don't know what codec their videos stream with. I have my original xbox one and can stream all of the same videos without any issue, however the original xbox one
    is 1080p only and the videos seem to use an older codec on the original xbox one.

I'm going to keep posting to hopefully get someones attention and I have already sent feed back to youtube, but is there any other way or someone I can actually tell about this issue that may have a better chance of getting fixed or atleast acknowledge.

I know I'm not the only one that is experiencing this and it is still ongoing

Also I have already done any of the following that will be replied here, power cycling, clearing mac address(whatever that will fix unless you have a network issue), I have plenty of internet speed for any video streaming(940mbps, but the xbox doesn't utilize
    all of that speed)

:)

TopcowRaven, Mar 26, 2019
  2. TopcowRaven Win User

Prior to reposting this I sent the feedback through the hub as well on my xbox, I figure the more awareness we can get the better.

Thanks for any help. I have a work around, it works fine on the youtube app on my tv, just not the xbox app on my xbox one x.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Do you have enough bandwidth to keep up with 4K streaming? Recommendations run from 15Mbps to 25 MBps and if there are any other devices on your network that is not enough to maintain a steady frame rate.
  4. TopcowRaven Win User

yah its set to 4k on the settings. I thought mine went away too after checking it recently, but it just took longer into the video for the green screen with lines to appear.
  5. TopcowRaven Win User

The youtube app on the tv itself plays fine. Ill try to change some of the 4k settings in the xbox but there isnt alot beyond color depth and a couple of other things.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Raven,

This is most likely a YouTube issue. Some videos may not be able to run 4K which will cause distortion etc.

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines - Similar Threads - Youtube problem Green

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.

in XboX Insiders
    Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.: Suggestion, Youtube Music submitted by /u/Old_Meal4490 [link] [comments]
  6. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  7. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  8. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

in XBoX on Windows
    why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem: Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised...
  9. Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X: Hello to everyone, Alpha member with the problem listed in the title. The last update of 2023 seemed to fix the "buffering" and "video freezing" issues on the YouTube app but I have still major...
  10. Problems with my YouTube becoming delayed

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with my YouTube becoming delayed: Does anyone know why YouTube on my series’s s have delay? I watch a video for around ten minutes and then it starts to become delayed overtime. Is there any fix to this? submitted by...