Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.

Discus and support Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A while ago I bought Xcom 2 Brand new I installed it on my Xbox one X and it played fine for a while then stopped, I recently bought a Brand new copy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ColinHowarth2, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.

A while ago I bought Xcom 2 Brand new I installed it on my Xbox one X and it played fine for a while then stopped, I recently bought a Brand new copy of Sudden Strike 4 and it refused to even recognise there was a Disk in the Tray (it made the same noise
    the Xcom Disk made...tried to spin up 3 times then gave up) I realised BOTH these Discs were the smaller Disc type (25GB) so I tried my Titanfall 1 Game Disc (also 25GB Disc) which I KNEW works fine on my NORMAL Xbox One and that done exactly the same! My
    Xbox One X WONT recognise smaller Discs. Is there a setting I have missed? does my laser need cleaned or is it a fault with my Disc player?

:)

ColinHowarth2, Aug 12, 2019
  2. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there ColinHowarth2

This is a odd one but have you tried any other way to get the following troubleshooter https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/disc-error or
    getting the console repaired if the troubleshooter doesn't work It should read these discs find so a repair should fix this issue you have encountered.
  3. ngocphi Win User

XBox Game Discs on Series S

Any external drive wouldnt work

One it needs to be the same speed as xbox x series

A dvd usb drive wont read bluray disks

And at the expense of a bluray reader plus the additional hardware you might as well buy an x series

Why would you buy something you dont need if you need to read disks

There is huge difference between x and s

And S ISNT DESIGNED FOR DISKS

And the software would refuse it

3 the s series downloads have lower file sizes since its less capable

And yes the servera detect this

So you dont need 4k files

You do realize you only have a 512gig ssd in the s series right? And thr cpu and gpu arent the same aa the x series because of the limited hardware in the s seriea the downloads are smaller

If you want disks buy the right product
  4. Chris21ce Win User

I cant play fable 3

hmm this could be just coincidence that the disc worked whilst offline it could be the disk is damaged and struggles to read whilst online try cleaning the disc with disc cleaner its most likely the disc. if that fails try installing the game to the xbox
    so it wont have to read the disc but the disc will still need inserting to do this click x whilst the play game is highlighted and you will find a button saying x game details hope I helped :)
  5. CosmicCraze Win User

If I buy the physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Xbox one, will it work on the new Xbox Series 1 console?

Yes, Xbox One game discs should work on the Xbox Series X consoles, as they are backwards compatible. So if you buy the physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Xbox One, you should be able to play it on the Xbox Series X consoles, However If you don't have a Digital Copy or Disk Reader technology that reads disks and install them on you're Console it'll will not work on Series S as it's all Digital.
  6. Proven Great Win User

Wont read disks

go to my youtube. youtube.com/godthesniper . I have a fix for games crashing and not loading.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks. - Similar Threads - wont read smaller

2. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.: I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the drive's. the port works if I use a wired...
  3. Xbox one wont read MW3 disc cross gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one wont read MW3 disc cross gen: Just got mw3 cross gen edition for xbox one. When I put the disc in it dosent even show up on the home screen! I've got enough storage. I've already got warzone 2 downloaded as it is free could...
  4. Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?: I recently purchased an Xbox One X, I went to put Hogwarts Legacy for series X disc into the console, and it says the disc needs to be played in an Xbox One X… ce4ce58d-22c6-496f-a9f1-8e09c60af3f7
  5. Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One: My copy of Sonic Origins Plus will not work in Xbox One. No matter what, it will either not make sounds, or spin up a few times and not start downloading. What is going on?...
  6. my xbox wont read any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox wont read any game discs: I have an old Xbox One s possibly 5-6 years old, and recently it started to stop reading and the discs that I put in, I even tried to change the power settings, what is the repair cost?...
  7. Xbox 1 wont read discs enough to play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 wont read discs enough to play: So i had my xbox 1 since it came out. Last two years I've had an issue with it not discs. Initially i could unplug it wait a min and it would play. I had it professionally cleaned and that helped...
  8. my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?: Hello there, I was troubleshooting the blu ray player app and discovered my disc reader is not reading any disc wether it is a game, dvd or bluray disc. Is there something that can be done to fix...
  9. Why wont my xbox 1 s not read disks anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my xbox 1 s not read disks anymore: My Xbox 1 S dosn't read disks anymore. It doesn't give an error or anything. Its like it just doesn't register that the game disk is even in there. Please help. 185c9e5c-d01f-4608-855b-7fb476322f68
  10. My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches: Any of the disc I have, the Xbox is not reading them. They don’t work. They are clean and not scratched 080e35f1-b6d0-43d5-a307-72df0c06dfa2