Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help

Discus and support Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X, and it is taking forever to start, I finally get it to and then everything is telling me it's taking to long to load error or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Verity_Rayne, May 1, 2023.

1. Verity_Rayne
    Verity_Rayne Guest

I have an Xbox One X, and it is taking forever to start, I finally get it to and then everything is telling me it's taking to long to load error or just close back to home screen, it's freezing up as well. I have tried hard resetting, nothing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling of game, no good, now it keeps errori g that the download has stopped. Cleaned all vents and ports, all good there. Also the Nat type is open, network connection says it's connected, and all tests look good and read the same as my others half's Xbox that is running fine.

Hopefully someone will be my savings grace and have a clue to how to maybe fix it. Also it is completely updated on updates.

:)

Verity_Rayne, May 1, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help 😞

Hello Verity_Rayne, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your console.

It sounds like the console may have an issue with the internal drive. But let's try a factory reset right back to original with nothing on it. This will mean deleting all your games and apps. Don't worry, your saves are stored on the Cloud.

If you're prompted to use the app or bring over previous settings during the reset please choose the no option.

If this doesn't work you could try adding a USB 3.0 external drive (up to 16 tb) to the console and see if installing the games there helps.

You can read how to do a factory reset via this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/.... You will need to know the email/password for all accounts on the console.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox very very slow

Try to turn off the console and remove the power cord; wait for 1 to 2 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the console!

Then, I would strongly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

Then select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

Also, It would be great if you can delete the local save of the game.

If the issue persists, try to soft reset the console!
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox very very slow

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey mate, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, since you hard reset it multiple times, and it not does the trick, that might be an issue with your HDD of your console.

Which model is your xbox? Is it still on warranty?

What you could do as a last resort is to get your console on the troubleshooting mode:

Turn the console completely off

Hold the sync button and press the power button.

Hold the sync button until the the troubleshooting menu appears.

Then, choose the restore this console option.

[​IMG]
  5. FirstRespond3r Win User

Very very very slow download

Found the fault .. Google DNS

Used OpenDNS and Xbox one speed tests are now closer to my actual speeds. Deleted BF4 and re-downloaded it and it downloaded in no time at all.

Tried to see if this fixed it for PS4 as well... No such luck. PSN servers truly are terrible.
  6. FirstRespond3r Win User

Very very very slow download

I'm thinking it's the baby monitor interfering with the wifi. It's in the same room as the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X won't play anything, and very very slow, Please someone Help - Similar Threads - won't play anything

2. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  3. Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play: I was playing rainbow six siege I've owned the game for years no I was just playing it then the game quit out i relaunch in to the game says the game has a update via inside the game and now it...
  4. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  5. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  6. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  7. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  8. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  9. My external storage won't let me play games from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage won't let me play games from it: Since I got my new xbox series x my external storage won't let me play games off it like I downloaded far cry 6 onto my external storage since my internal is full so I click on it and it come up...
  10. Why won't anything download or play ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't anything download or play ?: For two days now nothing will download with being paused on its on yet downloaded not a sec of anything. I deleted my games to re-download after some things I read and now I can't even get them...