Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time

Discus and support Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As the title says, I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for months since I bought my new TV. I've even contacted Xbox support on multiple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AsusFetus, Apr 11, 2021.

1. /u/AsusFetus
    /u/AsusFetus Guest

Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time

As the title says, I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for months since I bought my new TV. I've even contacted Xbox support on multiple occasions, for hours at a time, only to be hung up on while I'm on hold after troubleshooting EVERY TIME. It's extremely frustrating. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Below is my setup and things I've done:

-Samsung Q70T (Samsung says it's Xbox's fault) -Zeskit Maya 8k 48Gbps UH Speed HDMI -Xbox One X -Tried all HDMI ports on TV -Tried System reset of Xbox -Tried other HDMI cables -TV has correct resolution/refresh rate listed when I switch between 4k and 120hz, but never at the same time -I'm trying to change this feature in the Xbox menu and every time it's says "The refresh rate isn't supported at your current resolution so we're setting you the highest resolution supported" or "This resolution isn't supported with your current refresh rate..."

Any help would be amazing

Thank you

submitted by /u/AsusFetus
    [link] [comments]

/u/AsusFetus, Apr 11, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

144hz monitor doesn't work with 120hz

Hey SFL!

The Xbox One X is capped at 120Hz at 1080p and 1440p resolutions, but can do 4k UHD at 60 Hz. Unfortunately the Xbox cannot go higher than 120 Hz at the moment.

By any chance does your monitor have a setting to dial it down to 120 Hz?

I would also look over this article for display settings explanations: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/adjust-display-settings.

Let us know if that helps.
  3. Aaron .1 Win User

Im getting these Vertical Lines on a brand new tv while playing games

My tv doesn’t support 4k UHD at 120 Hz

My tv doesn’t support 120Hz, Games won’t display at 120 FPS.

These are the only ones I can’t do but can I buy a 2.1 cable to enable Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)? It’s greyed out for me currently

Edit: I did the factory reset and did nothing. Still shows vertical lines
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x

@Robin H 25

While 4K 120Hz may sound nice, you'll not see it in games.

To get the true benefit of a high refresh display is to actually run the games at the same frame rate as the the refresh rate. The Series X maybe a powerful console, but won't play the latest games @4K 120.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

No refresh rate option on series X

Hi! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you are sure that your display supports 120hz you could use the override option and change the settings manually to configure properly the resolution and refresh rate

Sometimes the console won't show the refresh rate option if the settings are not properly set, for example your display could support 120 Hz at 8 bits and you have it at 10 bits, or you are trying to use it on 4k, but currently most displays only support that refresh rate on 1440p maximum

Another thing could be that your display has multiple HDMI or 1 HDMI and 1 display port, and only the display port supports 120 Hz, this one you need to confirm it with the manufacturer
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

whenever you see a refresh rate that is not a multiple of 60, this is a refresh rate that is likely fake and designed to be used with a computer.l

Most monitors use the cheapest possible software and electronics, relying on the computer to fill the gaps. your monitor is not capable of 4K 120 Hz, only 60

If you didn't pay at least $500 for your display, chances are it can't actually do 120 Hz.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time - Similar Threads - won't let display

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on: So my storage is full on my xbox and it needs to update when I turned it on it starts updating but stops half way saying something went wrong when trouble shooting it give me 4 options restart...
  4. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  5. Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play: I was playing rainbow six siege I've owned the game for years no I was just playing it then the game quit out i relaunch in to the game says the game has a update via inside the game and now it...
  6. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  7. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  8. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  9. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  10. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...