Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5

Discus and support Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i have done every trick in the book when it comes to troubleshooting, including hard and soft resets, uninstalling and reinstalling, checking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jacob RobertsonJR64, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5

i have done every trick in the book when it comes to troubleshooting, including hard and soft resets, uninstalling and reinstalling, checking connections, making storage space, and my console will still not load any game or app without an error message appearing. i want to update fortnite but it simply will not do anything. It is really getting on my nerves and i literally dont know what else to do. Is my xbox broken or is there anything else i can do?

:)

Jacob RobertsonJR64, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for waiting patiently and I really apologized for some delay from my end due to an unexpected incident that happened to me.

It is recommended to report the issue to the game developer's support team and submit a ticket. Let us help you get there.

You can click on the link below and submit a ticket:

We are certain that you will get more relevant information and the best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jacob,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing issues updating the game with your Xbox One X. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, it's possible that there may be issue with the game and best address to the game developer support team. Before we will get there, we can try the troubleshooting steps below:

First, try clearing the cache on your Xbox One X. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on your console.

If that doesn't work, try resetting your console to its factory settings. This will erase all data and settings on your console, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding. To reset your console, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to provide feedback and use the Report a Problem app on the Xbox console to report an issue or unexpected behavior in a game or app, which helps Team Xbox investigate and fix problems on the Xbox console. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum]

Also, we will consult this with our internal support team to see if this is a bug on the Xbox One console. We will certainly get back to you for the updates.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. SammyVS Win User

Windows-11 Adminstrator right required to download the app

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Part of the content of this package is not installable. Look for ''Forza horizon 5 Expansion One'' and ''Forza Horizon 5 Expansion Two'' in the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store app and try to install.

''The Welcome Pack, Car Pass and VIP Pass will not show as content when viewing Game and add-ons on devices. This is located and managed within the game itself and is available once the tutorial/first chapter is completed. Players can validate ownership by doing one of the following:

Complete the first Chapter in the game, which will unlock the content''
  5. you wish1 Win User

I originally just had flight simulator installed which wouldn’t load up (as if frozen) I’ve installed War thunder which does the same thing. But when I installed it on the Xbox one it worked. So I started downloading online games only on the series X none of them load up e.g Enlisted, Fortnite and war thunder. But Day Z does work.

Yea so they don’t load up at all.

It’s as if something has stopped my series X from accessing online games..

Thanks for getting back to me.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X will not load games or apps, and will not install Fortnite Chapter 5 - Similar Threads - load games apps

2. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  3. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  4. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  5. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  6. Cloud Gaming PC XBOX App is not loading any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming PC XBOX App is not loading any games: Help, it was working perfectly for a few weeks and now it's been a couple weeks no games will load whatsoever. Please help this is frustrating. 2030635b-0c91-4408-9a28-ac568fd37187
  7. Xbox apps, games, etc. aren't loading

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox apps, games, etc. aren't loading: I've tried power consoling it, same issue I've restarted the console many times even unplugged it multiple times, still the same issues it's been like this for at least two days now it keeps...
  8. Xbox App On Windows 11 does not load games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App On Windows 11 does not load games.: Games appear with the message "Unable to display right now" I have "Reset", "repaired" and "Reinstalled" the app SEVERAL times. I made sure i have the most recent version of the app and the most...
  9. My Xbox wouldn't load any app or games. I reset it and now I'm stuck again.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox wouldn't load any app or games. I reset it and now I'm stuck again.: My Xbox wouldn't load an app or games so I factory reset it and now I can't sign in either it's like I'm stuck in permanent loading screens. I don't know what else I could do or what is wrong with...
  10. My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...: When I remove my system from the wifi and connect to my hotspot it works just fine, I tried a factory reset on it and still it doesn't work. 03a3e4df-7f8a-456c-87c5-31725cf3dc71