Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

Discus and support Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Bramlett, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps.

Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi

I restarted the Xbox

I restarted my router

I changed my DNS settings

Cleared my MAC address

Changed to every available port in the advanced network settings

Nothing worked.

I hardwired in and instantly got over 300mbps.

What did you guys do to the Wi-Fi receivers in these things with that update???

:)

Justin Bramlett, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Trey Baldacchino Win User

Xbox Series X Slow Game Downloads

I also have the same issue I have Telstra nbn as of July my download speeds have on Xbox one x have been so terrible I do a wifi speed test and it gets 50mbps and on my Xbox it struggles to get above 5mbps per second for downloading games sometimes killerbyts.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Justin, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you connecting to a 5ghz Wi-Fi connection?

Make sure to split your connection between 2.4ghz and 5ghz, most modems/routers tend to join them into one.

Then connect to the SSID of the 5ghz one, you should be able to reach higher speeds.
  4. LGC BACKPACK Win User

Download speeds.

Yea wifi for even my xbox one x always downloads at a fraction of the speed as compared to when I have it hard wired. Maybe it's what others are saying that the servers are overloaded
  5. Ray Porter Win User

problems connecting to xbox live for the past several days

I've added a wifi booster in the problem room. Even with 100% wifi signal, the download speed was terrible (0.01 mbps). I've connected the xbox one to the wifi repeater via an ethernet cable and the problems seem to have cleared (download speed of 13.9
    mbps). Has the wifi card in the xbox started to go bad?
  6. iNater Win User

Xbox One slow Mbps test

It's an issue on both consoles. I returned the PS4 for an Xbox One because of the molasses download speeds (13mbps on a 100mbps connection). 7-8 hours to download something I could download on my PC or Laptop (or my Smartphone, even) in 1.5-2 hours.

The Xbox One got even slower speeds on WiFi (literally half that of the PS4), but it did bump up quite a bit using Ethernet while the PS4 was molasses slow on both Ethernet and WiFi.

Just got back from returning my Xbox One for refund. This was one of the issues stated.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues - Similar Threads - Wifi Download Speed

2. My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...: My series s won't work with my WiFi suddenly and even after reseting both while keeping games and not I am met with the same problem 727cbde5-cc60-4900-8435-ddb8c64acc0d
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Downloading on Xbox Series X knocking out wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading on Xbox Series X knocking out wifi network: I just got a new Xbox Series X. I have been having network issues since hooking it up. I can play games on it just fine, but whenever I try to download anything it immediately disconnects my...
  5. Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.: I have just installed Starlink in my home and have connected it via Ethernet to my own Nighthawk router. The whole house is now covered except my Xbox and PS5. What’s weird is that my Xbox is...
  6. Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...: Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi). Once games downloaded I won't be connecting to web....
  7. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...
  8. Windows store and Xbox wont download apps/ games on WIfi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows store and Xbox wont download apps/ games on WIfi: A week ago when I tried installing telegram through windows store, it worked perfectly. I accidently uninstalled it the next day , immediately I tried to re install it , but it didn't work. So i...
  9. Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi): Ever since upgrading my xbox to the Series X I gave my wife my old XB1X to use for our living room TV. What I have noticed is consistently poor wifi speeds causing this system to be far less...
  10. 0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength

in XBoX on Consoles
    0.01mbps download speed; 100% wifi strength: Hello all and thanks to anyone in advance that will try and help me with this. I'll try and frame the story quickly. Was using the modem/router combo from Verizon FiOS before no problems. Moved...