Xbox one X.... Slow system network transfer

Discus and support Xbox one X.... Slow system network transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am transferring games between to identical Xbox one X consoles. Both are on a fast gigabit network. Both have identical 2TB SSD installed. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mrfishbsme, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Mrfishbsme
    Mrfishbsme Guest

I am transferring games between to identical Xbox one X consoles. Both are on a fast gigabit network. Both have identical 2TB SSD installed.

The system network transfer is barely faster than my internet speed.

See image. Speed tops out at 280 Mbps.

There appears to be something limiting the process.....

Please fix this issue... Make it scream!

Thanks.

:)

Mrfishbsme, Apr 11, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Ensure that you are using high-quality Ethernet cables that are capable of handling gigabit speeds. Faulty or low-quality cables can limit the speed of the transfer.

that they are using a wired connection. Wi-Fi can be slower and less reliable, especially if there are other devices on the network.

If you have other downloads or uploads happening on your network, this can affect the speed of your transfer. Pause or cancel any other network activities to prioritize the transfer.

Clearing your Xbox cache can sometimes improve network performance. To do this, go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage.
  3. BubblegumNBeer Win User

Web transference between consoles Xbox one

I think this might help:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/cant-copy-games-network-transfer

Not 100% sure this is what you are looking for, but I have been able to transfer X-1 to X-1 and S to X-1 via the System->Backup and Transfer-> Network transfer

Both consoles must be on the same wireless network and must have the Allow Network Transfer box ticked.

Hopefully that helps!
  4. xsv Win User

ONE S to ONE X Upgrade

go to settings and use network transfer, or you can sign in on your xbox one x and redownload everything.

network transfer is faster :)
  5. Daaaaaniel M x Win User

Xbox Feature Request: Seeding on local network

Hi Marmite,

This feature exists in the feature called Network Transfer;

Network transfer lets one Xbox console copy games and apps from another console, so long as they’re on the same home network. Copying this way can be faster than downloading another copy of the same game or app. If you have a metered internet connection,
    this can also save you money.

Any Xbox (Xbox Series X|S, original Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X) can be either the source or the destination console.

1. On the Xbox you want to copy from, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.

2. Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Network transfer and check the Allow network transfer box. This makes that Xbox visible to other consoles on the same network.

3. Once you’ve allowed transferring from the “host” Xbox, turn on the console onto which you’ll be copying games and apps, and go to the same settings page. Your host Xbox should be listed.

4. Select the Xbox you want to copy from, choose the items to copy, then select Copy selected.

I hope this helps you, have a great day.

Daniel.
  6. Belen T.C. Win User

Help with Xbox x!

Hello Zoe,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your new Xbox x console transferring and downloading games or apps. I’ll try to help you as best as I can.

There are a few possible reasons why your network transfer is not working, such as a weak or unstable internet connection, a firewall blocking the transfer, or a corrupted system file. To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

- Make sure both your Xbox x and your Xbox series x are connected to the same network and have the latest system update.

- Check your network settings and make sure that network transfer is enabled on both consoles.

- Restart both consoles and try the transfer again.

- If the problem persists, you may need to reset your Xbox x to factory defaults and then try the transfer again. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps. This resets the Xbox operating system and deletes any corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Troubleshoot copying games and apps using network transfer | Xbox Support

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue with downloading games and apps on your new Xbox x console. If not, please let me know and I’ll try to assist you further.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Xbox one X.... Slow system network transfer - Similar Threads - Slow system network

2. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  3. Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?: Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away. 927a8f13-bb2c-4c9f-9d0c-0f5ec2c295d7
  4. Very slow dashboard and system performance

in XboX Insiders
    Very slow dashboard and system performance: After the first 2206 ring ALPHA update the performance of the dashboard and the system became very slow. In the home it does not load the preview images of the store, friends and community and...
  5. The system performance is currently really slow since the March update and they are not...

in XboX Insiders
    The system performance is currently really slow since the March update and they are not...: The system performance is currently really slow since the March update and they are not fixing that. Where's the listening to the community? Look at the ps5, the system is so fast and the xbox is...
  6. Xbox One S times out of all apps and whole system is slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S times out of all apps and whole system is slow: All my apps on Xbox One S are timing out with error code 0x8027025a and restarting, hard reboot, nothing is working. Plus the xbox itself is super slow just going from place to place on my xbox....
  7. Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...: I have started noticing an issue with the homescreen dashboard slow loading times for the homescreen dashboard takeing longer than normal to load everything thing up. when this issue started to...
  8. Xbox Account slow loading things or having trouble with messaging system

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Account slow loading things or having trouble with messaging system: Dear gamers Is your account slow loading your friends list , games on market place , community forums well i have discovered something that can help with improving good performance on your xbox...
  9. slow speed by loading text system

in XBoX on Consoles
    slow speed by loading text system: connection very slow to open the message board. long time to wait, till the older messages (1 minute in the past) want be loaded. my speed : 300 Mbit/s download , 30 Mbit/s upload . earlier with...
  10. Installing with slow satellite system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing with slow satellite system: Hey I don't have the free time or patients to comb through other posts to see if this question has been answered already so sorry in advance if it has I live in a rual zone that has slow download...