Xbox One X shuts down when starting a game

Discus and support Xbox One X shuts down when starting a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one x will turn on and work fine from the dashboard or on YouTube or Netflix. When I start a game however the console will shut off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by killamanik, Jan 12, 2024.

1. killamanik
    killamanik Guest

My Xbox one x will turn on and work fine from the dashboard or on YouTube or Netflix.

When I start a game however the console will shut off completely. For example: Fortnite- I can start it. I can select Legofn and start match. As the map is loading the console just powers off completely. No warning.

(As a note: it does occasionally load the map and let me play for maybe a minute). It’s the same with cod. Just as I’m loading into a match it powers off.

I’ve tried resetting the console with no effect.

There are no messages about overheating or ventilation or anything. I don’t believe it is due to overheating as this happens no matter how long the console has been on. I’ve tried cleaning it. Then replaced the thermal paste. Then replaced the fan. Then replaced the psu. All with no effect.

I’m out of ideas.

:)

killamanik, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
  3. DerVaddi Win User

Xbox shutting down when starting a game

4. AndyMort Win User

Xbox shuts down when starting a game

Thanks. The only one of those steps I havent tried is

Solution 3: Change the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically

but that doesn't make sense as none of the settings there allow you to set anything so that it doesn't turn off automatically, rather it lets you restart or do a full shutdown. Its getting a full shutdown already when the problem occurs.
  5. Allebas Win User

Hi AndyMort,

Do you hear any noise from your Xbox before it shuts off? If not, it might be the power supply. When I had this issue that was the cause of the problem. However, I was able to test this theory by using a different power supply. Also, is this happening
    with all games or just one?
  6. AndyMort Win User

Hi ,

Do you hear any noise from your Xbox before it shuts off? If not, it might be the power supply. When I had this issue that was the cause of the problem. However, I was able to test this theory by using a different power supply. Also, is this happening
    with all games or just one?
    Thanks. It happens with all games. I don't hear any noise when it happens. It just turns off and goes quiet. The xbox one x is an internal power supply.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X shuts down when starting a game - Similar Threads - shuts down starting

2. Xbox shutting down mid game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down mid game: Hello, I bought a new Xbox series x about 6-8 months ago and just recently it has been giving me problems. The Xbox will run fine for a little bit then when start to play games or launch games it...
  3. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  4. What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games: Okay so i live a little off the grid and as a result my Internet drops off from time to time. I've recently just bought gears tactics (a single player only game mind you) and when my Internet...
  5. Xbox Series S shut down by itself and start again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S shut down by itself and start again.: Hello, I buy a couple of days ago an new Xbox Series S and when I play a game, for example FIFA 23 after aprox an hour, console stop and start again, sometimes this happens more times. What I can...
  6. Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime: I purchased a series s 6 months ago and have been having this issue where when I start my console, it will do the start chime, power off chime, but still continue to play. The light source from my...
  7. The Xbox One S Shut Down Seconds after Start A Game Or See Youtube For Around 30 Minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox One S Shut Down Seconds after Start A Game Or See Youtube For Around 30 Minutes: Hi, I'm From Mexico. Today I Bought a refurbished Xbox One S, and I have a the problem that after some minutes of use the Xbox Get Off for some reason. I have the guarantee, so I can receive the...
  8. My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds: Xbox One S dead! I turn it on with controls but nothing happened, then push the power button from console, X light working make initial sound but does not send image to screen, while on its...
  9. Console Shut Down After Start Up

in XboX Insiders
    Console Shut Down After Start Up: I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that, my console shut itself down. I received no...
  10. Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down.: I have matching models in the TV setup settings and on t'he TV. I have my device power options set to toggle for everything. My tv still will not shut off with the xbox....