Xbox one X problem playing certain 4k bluray disc midway, it lag/hang.

Discus and support Xbox one X problem playing certain 4k bluray disc midway, it lag/hang. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi support, My Xbox one X has issue playing certain 4k bluray disc, it will hang/lag when watching halfway through. Those disc that has problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by teokim hun, Aug 21, 2020.

1. teokim hun
    teokim hun Guest

Hi support,

My Xbox one X has issue playing certain 4k bluray disc, it will hang/lag when watching halfway through. Those disc that has problem initially has no problem at all but all of a sudden problem arise, and it always happen at those certain scene. Is it hardware
    problem or the disc problem? I'm unable to test the disc atm as i dont have another player. Tried re-installing bluray app too but didnt solve.

Regards

:)

teokim hun, Aug 21, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jay S1928 Win User

naturally the Xbox blueray players arnt the issue often times its the disc itself give it a dust off see if that works (if you havent already) check to see if theres any "deep" scuffs in the disc that would normally cause it to freeze/lag/hang there are
    ways to fix the issue with "toothpaste" i dont recommend doing that as it can damage the disc reader further if there is any damage to currently
  3. Micro666 Win User

Xbox One X Blu Ray Issues

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx
  4. Micro666 Win User

Xbox one s 3D bluray playback broken after latest system software update

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx
  5. Micro666 Win User

xbox one x can't play 3d bluray

Hi,

Thx
  6. cpt sheridan Win User

2001 Space Odyssey 4KUHD 0x91d70001 error 🙄

It seems to be a common problem with certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks on the Xbox One and Series X.

My Xbox One X refuses to play certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks as well and I know it's not the disks that's causing the problem as they play on my stand alone 4K Blue Ray player.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X problem playing certain 4k bluray disc midway, it lag/hang. - Similar Threads - problem playing certain

2. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  3. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  4. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  5. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  6. TrueArchievment Video play Problem

in XboX Insiders
    TrueArchievment Video play Problem: Always when i need help and go with the Link to True Archivment all the videos dosnt run. Does anyone have the same Problem? submitted by /u/ElGranRabo [link] [comments]
  7. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  8. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53
  9. Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...: This has happened with both previous modern warfares. Not with any CODs before. This is the same message I get each time and never get online again. I’ve just got this game now....
  10. problem while trying to play multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem while trying to play multiplayer.: - Please understand that there may be mistranslations due to the use of a translator. Hello, I am a user from Korea who wants to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with a friend. I don't think...