Xbox One X Occasionally Not Reading Discs

Discus and support Xbox One X Occasionally Not Reading Discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, For whatever reason, my Xbox One X has trouble reading and recognizing discs. Sometimes it works fine on the first try, others it takes a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clarksuperbunny, May 2, 2024.

1. Xbox One X Occasionally Not Reading Discs

Hello,

For whatever reason, my Xbox One X has trouble reading and recognizing discs. Sometimes it works fine on the first try, others it takes a few tries and even requires completely unplugging the system to get it to do anything. A good example of this is my copy of Shadow of Mordor GOTY where the system will just spin the disc attempting to read it and eventually give an error. Then, sometimes, it will attempt to read the disc for a bit and finally recognize it with this being an issue since I bought the game new about a year ago but the system has always had this problem off and on for the three years I have owned it.

I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to get the system to do its job the first time every time as I'm kind of tired of dealing with this issue and, while they aren't perfect either, I'm really thinking I made the right call going with the PS4 for the start of the generation as I never have these problems out of a PlayStation product with the only disc error I've ever had over there being because Square Enix packaged a blank disc in a retail copy of Star Ocean 5.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

:)

clarksuperbunny, May 2, 2024
  2. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  3. ElvishCypress Win User

Problems occasionally reading game discs

Try this:

Uninstall Blue-Ray App.

Go to Settings>Disc and Blu-ray Settings

Make sure there is a check at 24 hz.

Scroll down to persistent storage, clear it.

Go back to the home screen.

Make sure no disc is in disc drive

Power cycle console for 10 seconds

Power drain, and unplug everything

Wait for the light on PSU to disappear

Reconnect cables in this order: HDMI (both, if necessary), Kinect, Ethernet (if necessary), Power cord to console and directly to wall, (if possible.)

Restart console

Download Blu-Ray player app

Go to home screen, and test:
  4. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Simple Enquiry...

Xbox One discs are Dual Layer BD-ROM discs 50 GB, which is pretty much standard now. In addition, the One S and the One X can also read UHD Blu-ray feature film discs. Neither the One S or One X can read BDXL discs, I don't know enough about the hardware
    to say for sure if this is due to a hardware or software issue. Note that despite the similar storage capabilities, UHD Movie Blu-ray discs are factory pressed, while BDXL is a writable format largely for burning discs with a PC.

Despite the One S and the One X's ability to read UHD discs, they will not be used for Game media.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

EaFC24 Won't Read disk

Hello, Andrew. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

First, it is important to point out that a physical game can't be converted to a digital one because the game license is attached to the disc itself.

Besides that, would I know, is an Xbox Series X or Xbox One the one that doesn't read the disc?
    Additionally, the other console that read the disc, is an Xbox One, or a Series X?

Moreover, is this EA FC24 for both the Xbox One and Series X, or only for one of those consoles? You can check this by looking at the box.
Thema:

Xbox One X Occasionally Not Reading Discs

1. Xbox One X Occasionally Not Reading Discs - Similar Threads - Occasionally Reading Discs

2. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  3. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  4. XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11: XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11 I have done everything I've read on here to keep messages from popping up. Now there is no message, just a coupled...
  5. Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...: Hello, on several occasions I have experienced a crash in Classic mode when inserting the last piece of a puzzle. When restarting Jigsaw the entire progress of the puzzle is gone, back to 0%,...
  6. Monitor occasionally loses signal after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Monitor occasionally loses signal after latest update: I encountered a weird bug. After the latest update when I start some games my monitor loses it's signal and the screen goes black. Monitor is set to 1440p@60hz in the Xbox settings.I tried every...
  7. Xbox X occasionally won’t acknowledge button presses.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox X occasionally won’t acknowledge button presses.: This is a difficult problem to explain so please bare with me. Occasionally when I’ve been on a game for several hours, When I go to close the game or shut down the console, The Xbox will...
  8. Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio: I've made purchases for movie rentals through the Microsoft store app on Xbox One that will sometimes have no audio when I attempt to play them. The movie trailer audio works fine, but the main...
  9. Occasion 360 Parental C.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasion 360 Parental C.: Hello, I purchased a used Xbox 360 (French Xbox i'm french) but the parental control is activated and nobody has the password, can you help me? 5de45b8e-ab48-47c0-9022-b8143d300dc5
  10. Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion: The Xbox one lights up, shuts off and reboots a few times until it looses power completely. I can tell that the Xbox looses power because I have an external hard drive plugged into the console...