Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box

Discus and support Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, previously I had an Xbox one X that gave me problems ever since a new update came out, what happened was that the Xbox would update and then say... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MingledTrout378, May 5, 2018.

1. Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box

hi, previously I had an Xbox one X that gave me problems ever since a new update came out, what happened was that the Xbox would update and then say "something went wrong with the update" each time I tried. So I turned to the Xbox support group for help
    and they tried their best and couldn't help me and advised me to get it repaired or replaced by the suppliers I bought it from... So I did that and after waiting for a long time I finally got my new Xbox one X today and was so excited and then plugged it in
    to update and now the same thing is happening it's failing to update ... I am so frustrated I've been waiting and waiting and now it's the same problem I can't seem to figure out what it is.. please can Microsoft please assist me cos the number I have for
    them in south Africa just puts me through to a voice recording that allows you to chose different options but I can't speak to an actual person that can help me with this problem.. so I am begging Microsoft to please help as I have had the same problem twice
    and don't know how to move forward from here..

:)

MingledTrout378, May 5, 2018
  2. pigslayer98
    pigslayer98 Guest
    Can’t connect headset with controller

new x box one s controllers will not recognise headset ,yet older black one will ,tried updating etc nothing works

pigslayer98, May 5, 2018
  3. cant connect 360 pad to xbox 1 console

i cant connect any x box 360 pad with new x box one console.batteries are brand new energiser.works when trying it with older x box just not connecting on x box 1.also cant connect a wired pad it flashes for a second then nothing.can anyone help? thanks
    j

OverlandWharf44, May 5, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Can you please try completing your
    console update offline
    , Once you have completed the offline update of your console can you try following the

network troubleshooter
    to check that you are not experiencing network problems that could be contributing to your problems.

gds1972, May 5, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Can you please try completing your
    console update offline
    , Once you have completed the offline update of your console can you try following the

network troubleshooter
    to check that you are not experiencing network problems that could be contributing to your problems.
  6. TheOldyMinecart Win User

GTA 5 installation issues on Series X

Again, this is a BRAND-NEW Xbox Series X, recently purchased, unopened, fresh out of the box, so for one, these issues should not be present, and two, I will not factory refresh the console. I LITERALLY just got it in the mail a few days ago. It looks brand-new, untouched.
  7. J.R.G. Win User

Should I return my Xbox one x for a scratch?

I'd take it back for a refund and buy one from a different store. No reason a brand new item should be scratched, unless it's previously been opened.
    Perhaps he isn't buying brand new. Possibly a GameStop refurbished/used? I've never had a new console scratched out of the box, though the original X Box One (Glossy) seemed to get fine scratches with the gentlest of cleaning.
  8. DeBLAIN 02 Win User

Original Xbox

Simple, ' Brand recognition ' even non gamers new the name 'Playstation' where as X-Box was brand new.
  9. GEORGIE101 Win User

Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

Just bought an xbox one took it out of the box set it up put in ryse an get this *** error seriouslyz brand new game brand new xbox this shouldn't happen.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box - Similar Threads - updating brand box

2. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  3. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  4. My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games: My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games across form my 360 and they play fine. Network...
  5. Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game: I purchased the new xbox x series yesterday and a physical box game starfield I did the console update put in the new game starfield and it says installed but need to update so I update now and...
  6. brand new Xbox X doesn't update any games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox X doesn't update any games.: I just got an Xbox X and I can't install any games I was playing on my previous Xbox One. I have physical disk, but I have to update online before I can play them. No update works. My network...
  7. Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002”

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002”: I bought a brand new Xbox One. After starting it the first time, it tries to update. However, after a short time it displays the error 'There was a problem with the update'. it gets stuck with...
  8. My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...: My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and there is no way to speak to a human at Xbox. Any ideas? 3e119748-b5c3-4d5c-bb91-7029ca1e5036
  9. Brand New-ish Xboxone Not updating in Step-up mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New-ish Xboxone Not updating in Step-up mode: Hello, I was giffed a barn new never opened Xboxone about 2 weeks ago. I have been able to plug it in and power on just fine. Once I get to the oringainl set-up process it starts to fail. When I...
  10. Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating: Good day all, I was able to get a brand new Xbox one Launch model (with the kinect) from a GameStop. Looks like the console was hidden in the back of the store for a decade. However, I just...