Xbox one X no video - is it possible to update the firmware with USB?

Discus and support Xbox one X no video - is it possible to update the firmware with USB? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an Xbox one X (that has been barely used) that has stopped displaying video. I can still hear Xbox / menu noises so it still works. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Barry Marsh, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Barry Marsh
    Barry Marsh Guest

Hi there,

I have an Xbox one X (that has been barely used) that has stopped displaying video. I can still hear Xbox / menu noises so it still works. I remember everything being fine the last time I played it, switched it on today and it just won’t display video.

I have tried all the normal troubleshooting steps: restart, drain capacitors, switching to lower resolution mode, trying different hdmi cables, different monitors, cleaning the socket,

As a last ditch effort I was was wanting to try to reset the firmware but obviously cannot do this as I can’t see anything. I see that there is a way to update the firmware using a usb stick but the directions require I go things on the menu with the screen working.

Is there any way this can be reset with the black screen?

Thanks

:)

Barry Marsh, Jan 19, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Barry M. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox is not displaying video.

Not only that, but I'm afraid to say that it is not possible to perform an offline update without a video signal, because you need to go through multiple screens after selecting a specific option. So it would be something like trial and error.

Based on the information you provided, it's likely to be a hardware issue or partially faulty HDMI port. It is better to get your console inspected with a trusted technician if none of the usual troubleshooting steps from the user side worked.

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but thanks for reading me and for your understanding.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Beach Trash Win User

Xbox controller eats batteries and randomly disconnects. Any options?

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

XBox Series S Controller

That's really odd.
    What about using a different USB cable? In case it's the one causing the issue?

And did you check if your controller needs a firmware update? (If possible use a different PC or Xbox to this purpose)
  5. Ana William Win User

controller disconnection bug

This can be caused by a variety of factors, including a problem with the controller's connection, an issue with the Xbox One X's wireless receiver, or a problem with the controller's firmware.

Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Move your Xbox One X closer to your controller to ensure a stronger connection.
    2. Try resetting your controller by holding down the Xbox button and the sync button simultaneously for a few seconds.
    3. Try to update the controller's firmware by connecting it to your Xbox One X via USB cable, and check for any available updates.
    4. Try to reset your Xbox One X to its factory settings.
    5. Try to use a different USB cable and USB port to charge your controller, it may be an issue with the cable.
    6. If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to contact Microsoft support for further assistance or bring it to a professional for repair.
    It's important to note that disconnecting controller issue may be caused by a hardware malfunction, which would require professional repair or replacement of the device.
  6. JeroenJeWeetWel Win User

Why xbox one X does not read any of my 5000 xbox 360 disks ?

If this was only possible without USB or external drive , but they should already have put this inside a update for the one X but no they only put this in the ONE S update
Thema:

1. Xbox one X no video - is it possible to update the firmware with USB? - Similar Threads - video possible update

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  5. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  6. How to fix glitching YouTube videos?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix glitching YouTube videos?: Anytime I try to watch YouTube on my Xbox, the video glitches. Like random boxes of random color will appear on screen, or parts of the screen will be desaturated. I've tried lowering the video...
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Why is my Xbox video at 640 x 480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox video at 640 x 480: When I hit Auto detect, goes to that resolution, if I manually put, goes black or glitches. TV supports 1080, works for my Roku and other devices so it is not my TV. Cable works with same tested...
  9. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  10. Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message: I haven't screen recorded since March, today when I screen recorded using my Xbox S, it saved the video, but has not uploaded it to my linked one drive account. I have initiated the save in...