Xbox one x no longer plays tv-Netflix/sky etc static screen

Discus and support Xbox one x no longer plays tv-Netflix/sky etc static screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, everything was fine now when i try to launch a Sky tv program or Netflix screen goes static/snowy and console needs to be restarted. Have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chris66cr, Nov 15, 2020.

1. chris66cr
    chris66cr Guest

Hi,

everything was fine now when i try to launch a Sky tv program or Netflix screen goes static/snowy and console needs to be restarted.

Have tried soft reset, unplugging mains cord, holding eject+ power for 10 secs, changing hdmi and nothing is making a difference. Also tried uninstalling apps then reinstally them.

please help

:)

chris66cr, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Character Win User

Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.

You know the little short video that plays on an xbox one x before the xbox green screen logo? Thats when its static/snowy. Then it shows the normal xbox logo. When trying to use any video streaming app is when all i see is green screen with audio.

I tried what you suggested, it went to 680x680 like you said but it only dispayed the static/snowy screen in lower quality and still experienced the green screen with audio only on netflix and hulu.
  3. Jamie Cunning Win User

My sky app isn’t working on my Xbox series x. Sky news is the only channel that works on it. Tried updates, restarts and deleting and reinstalling the app. Any help?

Yes it is the get tv from sky app. My console is up to date, all other apps like Netflix etc work fine.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

App Sky Go on Xbox One

Hi Luk396!

From how I understand it, the only way to access Sky Go is through the TV from Sky app on Xbox One and Series X|S consoles.

Xbox One and Series X|S console apps - some apps may not be available in your country/region.

Set up TV from Sky on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S - step by step guide, which also mentions:

Please be aware that Sky Go Extra is referred to as TV from Sky when downloading or selecting the app on your console.

So don’t listen to anything that says you need the Sky Go app, as this app isn’t available on Xbox consoles. I believe you can access the service through the Sky app on Xbox One, as long as you’re connected to Xbox Live and have Sky Go Extra on your Sky account.

The Sky Go app is available on compatible smartphones, tablets, laptops etc. Just not on consoles, which explains why you’re unable to find it on your Xbox One.

I hope this information helps! :)
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

The Sky Q box will only be able to see what it is plugged into, in your case its plugged into the Xbox One X.

Why don't you plug the Sky Q box into the TV, let the box "discover" your LG TV, once the Sky box knows what sort of picture it can display then plug the Sky output into the Xbox One X input.
  6. AccurateCart420 Win User

Xbox live connection

none of the apps on Xbox will work. Sky app or Netflix etc
Thema:

1. Xbox one x no longer plays tv-Netflix/sky etc static screen - Similar Threads - longer plays Netflix

2. Last day or two I am no longer Apple to play Game Pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Last day or two I am no longer Apple to play Game Pass games: I stopped playing starfield a week ago, and I am assuming it is in this time that it began but I don't know. I downloaded Forza Motorsport yesterday. and tried to play it and it just keeps...
  3. I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...: Hello I'm contacting Microsoft today to ask why is my Minecraft is not working(I have the physical copy). I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that I'm just asking how it's perfectly legal...
  4. fh4 what I've been playing since 2020 no longer works after resetting the xbox ons s....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fh4 what I've been playing since 2020 no longer works after resetting the xbox ons s....: fh4 what I've been playing since 2020 no longer works after resetting the xbox ons s. error code (0x803f8001) 475b0464-6566-4264-be2d-848997b9a355
  5. let me any longer play online. Not communicating with the RL sever. I reinstalled my game ,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    let me any longer play online. Not communicating with the RL sever. I reinstalled my game ,...: I’m connected to the internet but can’t connect to the rocket league server? Please help. I’ve reinstalled my game, rebooted the Xbox and still Nothing. Thanks 15957ba1-bb44-4dcf-a1a0-96715871244b
  6. Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!: Is there an alternative {or a superior} Blu-Ray/DVD app that i can install on my Xbox One X due to the Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs? I do not own a computer so if someone...
  7. Xbox x will no longer play any movie I own

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox x will no longer play any movie I own: My Xbox x will no longer play any movie I've bought. I've reset to factory with no luck. I've reinstalled movies with no luck and I've reinstalled the movies and TV app. Help please. I don't...
  8. I’ve bought minecoin gift cards but my child no longer plays, how can I return the gift cards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve bought minecoin gift cards but my child no longer plays, how can I return the gift cards?: I have bought minecoins gift card but my child no longer plays, how do I return the gift cards? 8fcddf60-74e7-4a3a-bde1-787d40372880
  9. Xbox Play Anywhere and Cloud saves no longer works on PC and Xbox Console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere and Cloud saves no longer works on PC and Xbox Console.: Recently Play Anywhere and Cloud Saves are not synching correctly, and critically, deleting all saves. Example (Play Anywhere): 1. Start a new game on PC for "The Long Dark" save the game. Quit...
  10. I can no longer play my digital games it says I need to purchase the game but when I go to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play my digital games it says I need to purchase the game but when I go to...: I can log on to my Xbox account on my console Xbox one and start to load my game,Call of duty cold war, but after a while it just says I don't own the game, if I go to purchase game it says I own...