Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection

Discus and support Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a xbox one x attached to an LG LCD TV (47ln5406). Ever since the last update some time in October I experience several issues.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZimmerEnzym7615, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection

Hello everyone,

I have a xbox one x attached to an LG LCD TV (47ln5406). Ever since the last update some time in October I experience several issues.

1) Snowy screen issues almost every time I turn on the xbox. Sometimes it takes up to 2-5 restarts for the xbox to work properly. (The last update was on Nov. 14th and it got even worse).

Snowy screen but the sound is there.

2) Then at some point the box loses its Wifi-Connection. Netflix and other streaming services just stop in the middle of watching. After I restart or check the network the Wifi-Connection is back on.

3) Also I experience issues with a green screen on Netflix. I have sound but only a green screen. Some tv-shows work, other just have sound and a green screen. After a restart the problem usually is fixed (besides the fact that I have to restart several
    times to actually get the xbox to work).

What I have tried.

1) I tried every reset from every discussion (on this forum) which even remotely fitted my problem.

2) I bought a better HDMI cable (no change at all).

3) I moved the power supple from a multiple socket to a single outlet.

I'd be grateful for any kind of help or suggestions which might get my xbox working properly.

Dave

:)

ZimmerEnzym7615, Nov 15, 2018
  2. BadWolfXT
    BadWolfXT Guest
    Loses WIFI connection and settings

My Xbox One X repeatedly loses connection to WIFI (after it's been off for a while) and when I try to reconnect it doesn't see any WIFI SSIDs to let me connect again. Tried restarting and unplugging from power several times and eventually the WIFI connection
    is available. The XBox is still under warranty - if this is a hardware issue then how do I get it repaired?

BadWolfXT, Nov 15, 2018
  3. der Metatron
    der Metatron Guest
    Xbox One X Connection Issues

I cannot connect my X to the router via wifi and the wired connection needs to be restarted up to 5 times

der Metatron, Nov 15, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Dave thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us!

We suggest clearing the Network Card Cache since if it gets full it can cause this type of errors, to clear the cache:

Settings

Network

Network Settings

Advanced Settings

Alternate MAC Address

Clear and restart

Once the console comes back on try it again. Also how is the console connected to the internet, wired or wireless? Let us know so we can get this issue ironed out!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 15, 2018
  5. Hello again,

Thank you for the quick response.

Our Internet connection is wireless (WiFi).

We already cleared the cache several times. It did not help with our issue.

Any other suggestions?

6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Dave thanks for keeping in touch!

If the problem persists after the Cache is cleared then

the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 15, 2018
  7. Hello again,

I already tried the soft factory reset. Unfortunately it did not bring the desired change.

Any other ideas?

Dave

8. Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection

Hi there ZimmerEnzym7615,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Xbox One X.

• To help clarify, Are you part of the Insider Program?

The next step after a soft factory reset is to do a full factory reset and remove everything of the Xbox.
    Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

If the issue persists on the device, I would recommend to
    contact Customer Support for
    further assistance or visit the Device service and Repair
    site for any warranty information on the console.

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 15, 2018
  9. Hello,

No, I am not part of the Insider Program. I actually had to google it.

I already tried the full factory reset. And we also tried to contact the customer support. After 3 hours of waiting in a queue to chat to someone, I was kicked out. After a second 3 hour wait and not being able to chat to anyone because of the chat availability,
    I opened this thread.

I will consult with the Device Service and Repair.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

10. Darkwolfecze
    Darkwolfecze Guest
    Try to connect console via cable. Buy 10m long ethernet cable and connect it to your xbox. Check if is Xbox loosing connection even with the cable. Otherwise request replacement of console.

Darkwolfecze, Nov 6, 2018
  11. Darkwolfecze Win User

Try to connect console via cable. Buy 10m long ethernet cable and connect it to your xbox. Check if is Xbox loosing connection even with the cable. Otherwise request replacement of console.
  12. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there ZimmerEnzym7615,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Xbox One X.

• To help clarify, Are you part of the Insider Program?

The next step after a soft factory reset is to do a full factory reset and remove everything of the Xbox.
    Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

If the issue persists on the device, I would recommend to
    contact Customer Support for
    further assistance or visit the Device service and Repair
    site for any warranty information on the console.

Hope this helps.
  13. ZimmerEnzym7615 Win User

Hello again,

Thank you for the quick response.

Our Internet connection is wireless (WiFi).

We already cleared the cache several times. It did not help with our issue.

Any other suggestions?
  14. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Dave thanks for keeping in touch!

If the problem persists after the Cache is cleared then

the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  15. ZimmerEnzym7615 Win User

Hello,

No, I am not part of the Insider Program. I actually had to google it.

I already tried the full factory reset. And we also tried to contact the customer support. After 3 hours of waiting in a queue to chat to someone, I was kicked out. After a second 3 hour wait and not being able to chat to anyone because of the chat availability,
    I opened this thread.

I will consult with the Device Service and Repair.

Thank you for your help.

Dave
Thema:

1. Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection - Similar Threads - needs restart several

2. error 0x87e1000a suggest i do a hard restart but console wont go into the settings tab need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error 0x87e1000a suggest i do a hard restart but console wont go into the settings tab need...: error 0x87e1000a suggest i do a hard restart but console wont go into the settings tab need help 8e66466d-2559-4ccb-aa61-19fd5fec4135
  3. After a computer restart my games need an update every time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After a computer restart my games need an update every time.: Hello, this problem continues for a couple of days now, I recently got a xbox game pass and downloaded MB bannerlord. It is a 30 gb download and my internet is 2 mbps. After I get some time I...
  4. I believe we need too restart minecraft or change our privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I believe we need too restart minecraft or change our privacy settings: I believe we need to sign out of minecraft and sign in with the same acount or change your privacy settings 8dba0013-b233-4085-bc9f-0ed384df9de6
  5. Windows 10 Pro - Xbox one Controller Problems (need PC restart?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Xbox one Controller Problems (need PC restart?): Hi Guys, i use Windows 10 Pro 64Bit and a (black) Xbox One Controller connected with the USB Receiver (USB 2.0 Port). When i start the Controller the first time (after PC startup) the Controller...
  6. Help, On Xbox One, If Battlefield 4 was run last time i played, i need to restart my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help, On Xbox One, If Battlefield 4 was run last time i played, i need to restart my xbox: On my Xbox one, if I play or launch BF4, then turn off my Xbox the next time i turn it on, i can't launch any apps, play any games or leave the home screen d8cded8b-55b7-4da4-ab64-bc271bf09490
  7. Need to restart modem (gateway?) when turning on my ethernet connected xbox one to connect to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to restart modem (gateway?) when turning on my ethernet connected xbox one to connect to ...: I've been playing PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds since the release on console and loving/hating every moment. The lag and other technical issues are pretty atrocious (I understand it's still in...
  8. I need help my xbox one makes an error and gives me the option to restart it but does not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help my xbox one makes an error and gives me the option to restart it but does not ...: I need help my xbox one makes an error and gives me the option to restart it but does not proceed dfed384e-9cd2-4822-832c-d89de64388f1
  9. Repeatedly need to restart Xbox 360 to be able to connect to Xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repeatedly need to restart Xbox 360 to be able to connect to Xbox live.: I've had my xbox nearly 4 years now and live for only 3, however a new problem has recently occurred. I usually play games such as Halo Reach, Halo 4 or Destiny. After one game of matchmaking on...
  10. Sound cutting off when going from Game to TV then back to a game… need to quit game restart ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound cutting off when going from Game to TV then back to a game… need to quit game restart ...: This has been happening on Tombraider but now destiny, so as you can imagine, super annoying as it takes forever to load up into a level. I have xbox 1 connected to my tv through HDMI and HDMI in...