Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything...

Discus and support Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Roughly 24 hours ago my Xbox One X menu stopped working properly. I can't go left when selecting menu options. It's stuck on "store" (jumps back to it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeKujawski, Jan 2, 2020.

1. MikeKujawski
    MikeKujawski Guest

Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything...

Roughly 24 hours ago my Xbox One X menu stopped working properly. I can't go left when selecting menu options. It's stuck on "store" (jumps back to it after shifting over one menu item to the left). At first, I thought it was a controller issue. It's not.
    I tried on multiple controllers. Same problem. I did a soft reset and a hard rest + a factory reset. Same problem. Please help. Happy to send a video over if need be.

:)

MikeKujawski, Jan 2, 2020
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything (used multiple controllers)

Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on, and then re-adding the account
  3. MikeKujawski Win User

Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything (used multiple controllers)

Beauty of a reply. Sure enough there was a miniscule piece of something stuck behind the RB on one the controllers. The reason both were not working was because id try it on the 2nd one only after turning on the first, which already had the problem going.
    Works like a charm. Thank you!
  4. Frathos Win User

I had that occur to me once a couple of years ago however it was a problem with the RB being stuck depressed on one of my controllers. It would be unusual for multiple controllers to have the same fault but it's not impossible, are you absolutely sure that
    the RB button isn't depressed on your controllers?

If you can, try pressing the Xbox nexus button, move right to System - Settings, down to Devices & streaming - Accessories, select your controller and press the bottom right button (icon looks like a small flask). That opens a controller button pressed UI
    and if nothing is pressed then there should be no entry under Button pressed: line. If your RB is stuck depressed then you should see it listed as RB even when you aren't pressing it. It might also be a faulty stuck right Dpad button.

Do you have a friend or local store that would let you test your controller on their Xbox One using the Accessories tester noted above? That should definitely rule out whether the controllers are faulty and if the controllers are okay then it's something
    in your console that is not working properly.

Good luck!
  5. SomeFellow Win User

Xbox One Controller Issues

A slight update on this issue. I have found that I can enter into things with some effort of pressing the A button multiple times and in some things it seems to go to the right in games and in some menus and it seems wierdly selective about what I can easily
    get into and in which menus that it goes to the right making it impossible to select anything on the left.
  6. mimaramo Win User

New Xbox in Danish language and update keeps failing!

Thank you - I can't get past the first menu to navigate to settings etc - I see a menu on the left hand side with a bunch of options but I can't select anything apart from what I think it says is 'update'! When the update fails it says go to the xbox.com/support
    link
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Menu has some sort of bug as of yesterday. Can't go left or select anything... - Similar Threads - Menu has sort

2. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  3. Anyone has this bug where you can’t view your friends from GTAO menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone has this bug where you can’t view your friends from GTAO menu?: I have this annoying bug where i can’t view players or friends from GTA online menu. It just keep showing this text “ No friends , your friends could not be downloaded, please try again later.” i...
  4. Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...: Playing on Xbox it says new downloaded content has been downloaded either go to main menu or return to game screen is frozen rebooted Xbox still goes back the same screen can't do anything help...
  5. Controller keeps skipping on menu and has been past its warranty

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller keeps skipping on menu and has been past its warranty: So I got an Xbox series controller (Black) around 2 years ago for Christmas which worked for around a year or two until it started drifting in games and started having trouble in the menu. This is...
  6. Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons: Subject is pretty self explanatory but here have a picture of it I guess It won't open or anything Any ideas on why this is happening or how I could fix it? Thanks! Also I couldn't find any...
  7. Has anyone seen this menu before? I accessed it via Xbox settings app, but it seems fishy.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone seen this menu before? I accessed it via Xbox settings app, but it seems fishy.: [IMG] submitted by /u/_NobleMustache [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox one S has a very slow main menu issue right now and I'm worried.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S has a very slow main menu issue right now and I'm worried.: It was playing just fine this morning. Turned it off to do some work and came back to it. But my main menu is very delayed and slow. I can't start up my games. And Full shutdown doesn't work. Even...
  9. Guide menu has reverted to old default xbox guide menu. (Beta)

in XboX Insiders
    Guide menu has reverted to old default xbox guide menu. (Beta): The guide (when you press the xbox button) has seemed to have gone back to the default non-insider guide. I have tried factory resetting my xbox as I prefer the new one. Thanks for any help....
  10. Menu has disappeared

in XBoX Accessibility
    Menu has disappeared: Not sure how but the menu that goes along the top of the screen i.e home,mixer,community,entertainment and store has disappeared... How do I get this back please...