Xbox One X HDR colour depth issues

Discus and support Xbox One X HDR colour depth issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi: I have a Xbox one X and a 4K UHD HDR Dolby Vision Tv that supports 12 bit colour depth. I have it set to 12 bit on my Xbox which works in SDR mode,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gilbot81, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Gilbot81
    Gilbot81 Guest

Hi: I have a Xbox one X and a 4K UHD HDR Dolby Vision Tv that supports 12 bit colour depth. I have it set to 12 bit on my Xbox which works in SDR mode, however in a game or app that supports HDR or Dolby Vision it drops to 8 bit. Is there a way to keep
    it at 12 bit?

:)

Gilbot81, Jun 29, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. djmistaspot Win User

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

I don't know for sure but maybe HDR is available only at 8bit?
  4. Gilbot81 Win User

Yeah, different HDMI cable and tried on 2 4K HDR tv’s.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?

Hmmm , that's an odd one. Have a mess about with your colour bit depth and hdr settings ON CONSOLE , not tv, every time you change a setting, reset console and reboot game, see how and if it affects it
  6. SDisorder Win User

NO Blu-Ray 3D playback on TV LG 55UH850V

Finally found a more stable solution - set your Xbox to output 24 bits per pixel [8 bit colour] as the colour depth, not 30 or 36, this seems to fix the issues with the xbox failing to step down from 4K to 1080p in the dash and the Blu Ray app when playing
    3D BRs
    Wouldn't that make you lose the HDR playback? Or is that still functional?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X HDR colour depth issues - Similar Threads - HDR colour depth

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  4. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  5. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  6. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  7. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  8. Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only happened about twice so it’s a rare bug. But...
  9. Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems: Hey guys, I'm an XBOX Insider, I have an XBOX ONE X Project Scorpio Edition console, on the early morning of April 21, I saw I had a 356 Mb update, after I did the update I came across something...
  10. hdr looks so washed out no colour crap

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr looks so washed out no colour crap: hdr looks utter rubbish what is up with these xbox one s consoles 48252bd7-64a7-4318-89a8-9f7b0ed9f99a