Xbox one X HDR black level issue

Discus and support Xbox one X HDR black level issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have got my new Xbox one X and after many tests I have found that the HDR games black levels are raised and looking shallow grey، I am using LG Oled... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FofoHD, Jan 1, 2018.

1. FofoHD
    FofoHD Guest

I have got my new Xbox one X and after many tests I have found that the HDR games black levels are raised and looking shallow grey، I am using LG Oled E6 Series and all my games are inky black except for HDR on my Xbox one X.

Please need your support I am worried if there is any issue with my Xbox, eventhough I have been playing HDR games with PS4 console and the colors are correct with ink black on my Oled Tv and I am sure with my setting.

Your Help is highely appreciated

:)

FofoHD, Jan 1, 2018
  2. BigCoolJesus
    BigCoolJesus Guest
    Elevated HDR Black Levels

Just received my Xbox One X yesterday and have found that when playing back video based HDR material, the black levels are elevated severely. I have confirmed this with an industry standard HDR calibration disc. Game based HDR material plays just fine. It
    appears when playing back video based HDR material either via the Blu-ray app or other 3rd party apps (like Netflix), the Xbox One X is outputting black level at 0 instead of 64. Changing video settings does not fix it, nor does changing HDMI cables. For comparison,
    HDR black level of the same material being tested playback just fine on my Xbox One S. Also, this issue is being reported by multiple users over on the AVS Forums.

I have a reference number from Xbox Chat Support, 1403750073, detailing this issue further. I hope a simple patch can be released as UHD HDR video material is a big use for the console for many people.

Thank you.

BigCoolJesus, Jan 1, 2018
  3. BigCoolJesus
    BigCoolJesus Guest
    Elevated HDR black levels on Xbox One X

Just received my Xbox One X yesterday and have found that when playing back video based HDR material, the black levels are elevated severely. I have confirmed this with an industry standard HDR calibration disc. Game based HDR material plays just fine. It
    appears when playing back video based HDR material either via the Blu-ray app or other 3rd party apps (like Netflix), the Xbox One X is outputting black level at 0 instead of 64. Changing video settings does not fix it, nor does changing HDMI cables. For comparison,
    HDR black level of the same material being tested playback just fine on my Xbox One S. Also, this issue is being reported by multiple users over on the AVS Forums.

I have a reference number from Xbox Chat Support, 1403750073, detailing this issue further. I hope a simple patch can be released as UHD HDR video material is a big use for the console for many people.

Thank you

BigCoolJesus, Jan 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: