Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in...

Discus and support Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Mic-Team as I wrote in the title my so called "most powerful console ever" - Xbox One X is getting hot in simple (more CPU intense) games like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArschGesicht, Nov 26, 2020.

1. ArschGesicht
    ArschGesicht Guest

Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in...

Hey Mic-Team as I wrote in the title my so called "most powerful console ever" - Xbox One X is getting hot in simple (more CPU intense) games like Minecraft without any issues (no loud fan and no shut-downs), BUT when I play graphic intense games like Fallout
    76, Borderlands 3 or Mafia 3 it's NOT getting hot - just hand warm! - but has a VERY loud disturbing fast-slow-fast-slow jumping-like rotating fan and shut-downs due to "overheating"!! What the heck!?? Both cases are temperature measured on the nacked metal
    frame on the back side of the SOC-unit (which has direct contact to the heatsink) and in measureing the outcoming air! Additionally the fan has a BAD DELAY while the GPU is FAST heating up from zero, so that sometimes and mostly in Fallout 76, my console is
    shutting down immediately after the FIRST ingame graphic-scene is showing up. The console is always really cool to this point and even the outcoming air is only at round about 37-39 degrees Celsius. "Funny" about this bugs is, that my console is able to run
    graphic intense games most of the time, even if it's getting warmer, but ONLY after it has overcome the fan idle- to (grapic-intense) load-state or if the game is not that grapic-intense! Another "funny" thing to this is, that a game, which is optimized for
    the One X like Borderlands 3, runs better/quieter then an older to the standard Xbox One optimized game like Mafia 3 - even when playing Borderlands 3 in Splitscreen!!

There is definitely something wrong with the in-chip temperature sensor(s) of the AMD SOC on GPU side AND with your fan control table, so that this type of bugs happen to me and perhaps ten-thousands of other peoples!

Even repasting the thermal paste (with Arctic Silver 5) hasn't helped. Unfortunately my console is no longer the best, but it contributes to the fact that this type of errors occur more frequently and are therefore easier to understand.

So PLEASE change/update the firmware (at least for me) to the following or help me otherwise:

- creating a fan control diagram with HYSTERESE (rotating faster under heavy (graphics) load and wait to slow down, if load decreases!) - just as you did it in the Xbox 360 and Xbox Classic!

- changing the fan control table to a FASTER reaction on GPU loads, especially when fan is idling and GPU is heating up fast!!

- add some degrees Kelvin to the GPU-temperature-sensor or better recalibrate it

- WOULD BE GREAT: add temperature screens to the Xbox GUI

You can even send me a private message with a solution to do it on my own!

Thanx in advance!!

:)

ArschGesicht, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Alderamin4191 Win User

Potential overheating Series S

Hi there,

While I use the series X, I haven’t yet experienced any issues with leaving my xbox on extended times to see if it would shut down due to over heating. Think of it as a PC, as long as it gets air to keep it cool, leaving it on for extended time periods I don’t see why it would over heat. However I wouldn’t recommend it, as it could shut down, never tried. Not saying it will shut down due to over heating, but there’s a chance it could.
  3. Hookins-5EDEA817-FD2 Win User

New comic-con Skyrim trailer.

Lol the embedded video has been shut down. The link still works. Get it while it's hot!
  4. jerbear30ky Win User

Xbox One S Turns On Then Off After 1-2 Seconds

if it gets too hot it shut off and cool off
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

My XBOX SERIES X shuts off mid game while I am playing games Please help

Your system is shutting down to prevent data corruption after hitting an error

If you get no message about overheating, it's not an issue

High end electronics get hot, it is perfectly normal.Ever touch an incandescent light bulb? How hot those are? They use less than half the power of Series X
  6. SamWild93 Win User

why is my xbox one s making fan squeaking noises

hey Adelie 13,

this sometimes happens to me when the room gets really hot and xbox been working for over 10h without a break, it goes for less than a minute & cools down. at least my Xbox One does like that.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X getting hot in simple games without issues, but shutting down while cool in... - Similar Threads - getting hot simple

2. Is it normal for my Xbox to get very hot in like 10 minutes of being on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Xbox to get very hot in like 10 minutes of being on?: I’ve had my Xbox for around a year and noticed about a month ago that the fan on top gets around 110+ within like 5-10 minutes on being on, I read that’s it normal for it to be hot but I don’t...
  3. Why does my Controller get hot after 30 min?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Controller get hot after 30 min?: When I put in batteries the center of the controller gets hot after around 20 to 30 minutes. I've been using a wire for the past few days and the controller just make a buzzing sound it's never...
  4. What do I do my Xbox 360 2008 model is getting to hot and then crashes. And that’s if I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do my Xbox 360 2008 model is getting to hot and then crashes. And that’s if I get...: How do I get my Xbox 360 2008 model to work when it won’t read the disks and it crashes when it gets to hot. 4c84e009-3c11-458b-b2b0-c5ba6eae9adc
  5. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  6. How do I get Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels DLC to work it says I have it available but keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels DLC to work it says I have it available but keeps...: I cannot get access to the Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels DLC even though it says I own it I'm trying it throught the Microsoft Xbox app on my Laptop b49c19c0-4eee-42d6-873a-ef7725af55b6
  7. My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has...: The console is 6 years old if this helps . 63b0809b-488b-4e7a-a069-92a6c69b843c
  8. Hot to get my progress back fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hot to get my progress back fortnite: Been years since I've played Fortnite again and when my friends suggested to download it again I agreed but come to find out all of my progress and stuff was gone and I don't know how to get it...
  9. Games Like Super Hot Mind Control Delete and My Friend Pedro won't let me get past the main...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Like Super Hot Mind Control Delete and My Friend Pedro won't let me get past the main...: [img] [img] I have had a problem not being able to play these two games where as soon as I start the game it boots up fine but I am stuck in a loop trying to confirm my xbox account in the main...
  10. Is my series s supposed to get this hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my series s supposed to get this hot?: I've read around that the series s does get quite hot. Mines out in the open its lying flat but if i touch the black screen it seem very hot which is just something that is making me paranoid. Its...