Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi)

Discus and support Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading my xbox to the Series X I gave my wife my old XB1X to use for our living room TV. What I have noticed is consistently poor wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ℭ������������������, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi)

Ever since upgrading my xbox to the Series X I gave my wife my old XB1X to use for our living room TV. What I have noticed is consistently poor wifi speeds causing this system to be far less usefull to her than the old Xbox one Elite that i put there originally. My home internet is 500Mbps DL, yet the XB1X only ever sees 3-6Mbps. This isn`t a distance issue as after plugging my elite back in just now its hitting ~60Mbps which im pretty sure is the max for that old xbox.

I have already factory reset the xbox and cleared the MAC address Yet 3.8Mbps Download is my most recent speed according to the xbox. What can I do to correct this issue. Hard wire is out of the question. Thanks in advance.

:)

ℭ������������������, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There are a few more things you can try. Kindly see this support article for poor download speeds on the Xbox console https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. Rostom L Win User

Series X Download speeds extremely slow

Hi there! Let's do our best to get this sorted out.

When did you first notice this kind of issue?
    Were you able to download and update games just fine before?
    What steps have you tried so far?

To further isolate the issue, I would advise you to switch from wired to wireless connection. If you have a different network source or router, you may try it as well.

Please also perform a power cycle of your console. Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again. Do the same with your modem/router by turning it off, unplug its power source for few minutes before turning it back on.

Best regards,
  4. SpookyScaryComputers Win User

Series X Download speeds extremely slow

Thank you for the reply Rostom, after power cycling everything as you suggested and switching to wireless. I was still experiencing the issue. However, after disabling UPnP on my pfsense firewall the issue seems to be resolved! Thank you for your help!
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one X download speeds

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Are you connecting the console to the network through an ethernet cable or WiFi? The ethernet cord will give a better download speed. There are different categories of ethernet cords that allocate different
    speeds. An example is the CAT6 which allows a Gigabit of download speed. We recommend making sure there are no applications, games or other downloads that are active as this can slow down the overall download speed. The article entitled

Troubleshoot Slow Game or App Downloads
    is able to provide more information about this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. luissolid Win User

Downloading speed extremely slow

Right now Microsoft has limit the bandwidth to avoid any type of "Staturation" on the service!

Now you can do a Speed Test on Settings and Network, just to verify the network.

Regards!
Thema:

1. Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi) - Similar Threads - Extremely slow download

2. My Xbox is extremly slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is extremly slow: A few weeks ago I bought an Xbox One S. The seller has already told me that it won't start. When it arrived, I tried it straight away. It actually turned on, but it only comes on sometimes and...
  3. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  4. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. Xbox One extremely slow download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One extremely slow download: For about a year now, I noticed my xbox one has taken significantly longer to download game updates than it has in the past. To remedy that, I turned on automatic updates while the xbox is in...
  7. I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...: This has been happening for the past week, and it’s been getting on my nerves. My xbox has been running so slow that it can’t even load the settings app and when it does and I leave, the xbox just...
  8. Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update: So I haven't touched my Xbox 1 S in 2 years due to having next Gen console. I recently set it up from a factory reset and now it's extremely slow. I've done multiple factory resets and none of...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed: I tried everything on this forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/extremely-slow-download-speeds-on-pc-xbox-app/fc348776-9a67-42ef-a737-e3710fa874b8 but nothing works. My...