Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Slow

Discus and support Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Slow in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the Xbox one x and when checking my speed it is only getting 350 download or lower. But I have 1gig download speed with my ISP. Why Is My Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KingTone1, Aug 23, 2023.

1. KingTone1
    KingTone1 Guest

I have the Xbox one x and when checking my speed it is only getting 350 download or lower. But I have 1gig download speed with my ISP. Why Is My Xbox Download Low?

:)

KingTone1, Aug 23, 2023
  2. KingTone1 Win User

Done that. Internet speed is over 1gig.
  3. Steven Barraclough Win User

Hey there

Do you have any games running in the background try close these if you do, also check the router speed and check the console router connection
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

The amount of van with you pay for her from your Internet service provider is not the amount of bandwidth the third parties will serve you

Very few places will let you download at one gigabit speed

Gigabit connections are designed for a family of four heavy users,
  5. twodollars74 Win User

Slow download times!

Ethernet cable then tried wirelessly same result. Slow. When I download on the xbox one the speeds are fast. It too is connected via an Ethernet cable.
  6. BillAdama8 Win User

Very slow downloads on my Xbox X

Are you over WiFi or Ethernet? I suggest the latter, as 4K content downloads are quite big, and Ethernet is the most reliable way to connect your Xbox to the internet.

If you are currently streaming, like on Mixer (for example), background downloads would be slowed significantly.

For general troubleshooting with slow downloads, you can also read here for steps and solutions: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...eshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    Ethernet.

My friend has same router, Netgear R7000 and same ISP as me, and his downloads are even faster now with his X. I must be missing a step.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Slow - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Slow

2. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  3. Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port: When I connect my Series X to my router with an Ethernet cable, it drops connection, I do not have this problem playing over WiFi. I have tried multiple cables, purchased a new Cat6 cable and I...
  4. Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?: I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to my WiFi and not sure how to fix, sometimes...
  5. How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?: Hi, I bought my Xbox Series S console and tried to connect to wired network, via my Ethernet cable that works fine with other devices. My previous Xbox was connected to the internet through this...
  6. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  7. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  8. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  9. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  10. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...