Xbox one X error code 105 and problem with save games

Discus and support Xbox one X error code 105 and problem with save games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has been having the above problems and I was going to swap the hard drive until I found this on reddit : Back story. Some time ago right after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GMTR Damo, Nov 26, 2019.

1. GMTR Damo
    GMTR Damo Guest

My son has been having the above problems and I was going to swap the hard drive until I found this on reddit :

Back story. Some time ago right after I got the One X, an update came through and it didn't install properly. Only reason I know is is because when I got home and started my xbox, it gave an error saying update failed. Few minutes later
    it retired and installed the update. After a short while that night, I suddenly started getting weird issues like my dashboard not loading and the dreaded save file errors. Sent in the console to MS and they claimed they sent me a brand new one because of
    a hardware issue they couldn't "repair" on mine. Fine, cool beans. Console came without the newest OS(****?). Installed the update, console rebooted, started playing games after restoring everything, save game error.

Started Googling and found someone stating they had a ton of issues randomly after that September update and the thing that helped was switching the power modes like I posted up above.

To this day, I cannot run my xbox one X with Instant-On function settings. If I do, I either get dashboard and gameplay issues, or the save game error. The only way around that was to turn the xbox on, and then immediately tell it to
    restart which ended up taking sometimes up to 10 minutes. If I said screw it and held the power button to initiate a full shutdown, upon startup after, I get hit with a boot up error e105 and e106.

And for those wondering, I've done Hard drive swap to new hdd and even ssd. Same thing happens. Changing the power mode to Energy Saver is the only thing that fixes it. Microsoft refuses to help me, and insists on me having to pay them
    $100 to fix the console.

I tried this and it worked fine for about 3 weeks no problem. After a recent dashboard update the errors have returned.

Anyone had this similar problem ? any ideas ?

:)

GMTR Damo, Nov 26, 2019
  2. padlorr Win User

I have been having the exact same issues with my Xbox One X. First signs are faulty saved games that have to be restored. Then games or apps fail to load, or the dashboard fails to load. On restart I get an e105 error, and some times I can restart again
    and boot up fully and sometimes not. In either case it requires an offline update to correct. Then time passes and it crops up again.

I got so frustrated and read about faulty hard drives so I used the scripts and replaced mine, but soon enough the problem just came back. Then I read this and put it in energy saving mode, and voila, runs like a charm. Put it back on instant on as a test
    and problems came back pretty quickly. I did another offline update and am now testing instant on with hard drive shut down option (when xbox is off or in sleep) unchecked to see if that’s the real culprit. I can imagine the hdd shut down causing issues if
    not working right. We’ll see what happens next, but I’m convinced that a bug with instant on (or some hardware fault triggered by it) is the cause.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello padlorr,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  5. Kev7420 Win User

This is my first time hearing about this but it sounds like maybe a power surge, not enough to fry it but just enough to cause system function damage.
  6. ZOLEC51 Win User

Mahjong error code

Error code 101 105 101 AGAIN.....
Thema:

1. Xbox one X error code 105 and problem with save games - Similar Threads - error code 105

2. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  3. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  4. Error code E100 00000 703 80910002

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code E100 00000 703 80910002: Xbox series X will not update fe9a0552-5559-4bb1-bcc8-9ecc8d4a120b
  5. How to redeem a code after an error

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a code after an error: I was trying to redeem a Xbox gamepass and I put the code into the redeem section. It said there was an error and I could redeem it at that time. Later I tried to redeem it again and it said the...
  6. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  7. Error Code 0x80245006

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x80245006: I am trying to download prime video and netflix and i keep getting this error code on my xbox series s 26c79346-f0a2-4d67-9080-d9ceae7afc3b
  8. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  9. I got an Error code E 105

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got an Error code E 105: Split from this thread. My XBox one X started to do the same thing and now it brings up an error code that is new to the microsoft/xbox forums it cannot be searched and it apparently does not...
  10. Received error code 105.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Received error code 105.: Received error code E 105. Called support they had me erase everything and download from the cloud. At first the download froze and could not complete. Finally was able to achieve 100% download...