Xbox one X DVD screen flicker

Discus and support Xbox one X DVD screen flicker in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I have this issue with each DVD I put into my Xbox one X. The screen flickers/flashes and then shows a static screen like a TV with no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HANNAH MCLAUGHLIN1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Xbox one X DVD screen flicker

Hi there,

I have this issue with each DVD I put into my Xbox one X.

The screen flickers/flashes and then shows a static screen like a TV with no signal or whatever.

The menu screen and music loads up fine but I obviously can't watch a dvd when it's flashing every second or two.

:)

HANNAH MCLAUGHLIN1, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello HANNAH, my name is Jose, I will be happy to help you.

Based on my research, there are a few things you can try to fix this problem:

1. Check that the HDMI cable that connects your Xbox One X to your TV is in good condition. If the cable is damaged, it may cause display problems.

Inspect the HDMI cable for damage.
    If the HDMI cable is damaged, try replacing it.

2. Try connecting your Xbox One X to a different TV.

Connect your Xbox One X to a different TV using the same HDMI cable.

If the problem occurs with all TVs, there is likely a problem with the Xbox One X.

3. Restart your Xbox One. This may fix some minor issues.

4. Update your Xbox One firmware.

Open the Settings app.

Select "System."

Select "Console Update."

I hope this information has been useful to you.

If you have tried all of these solutions and the problem persists, I recommend that you contact Xbox customer support. They will be able to help you resolve the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  4. TwistedCherrie2 Win User

DVD flicker on xbox one x

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. Blu rays seem to be fine and of the 5 or 6 dvds i tested 1 worked. I know its not the dvds because some of those were brand new and they work on different players.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

6. TwistedCherrie2 Win User

It still has the flickering after power cycling.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X DVD screen flicker - Similar Threads - DVD screen flicker

2. Xbox One Stuck on DVD Language Select Screen Even After Turning Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stuck on DVD Language Select Screen Even After Turning Off: Hi guys, Bit of a weird one but I tried playing a DVD via my xbox one today, same as usual. The DVD froze at its own loading screen, so a language select screen and I could just about hear noises...
  3. Blu ray / dvd black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray / dvd black screen: Good evening guys, Recently got a series X , really enjoying it for the most part. Not enjoying being unable to play movies. I think the disc drive is functioning because it read a 360 disc...
  4. Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen: Hi everyone I need some help please, I did the latest xbox software on my Xbox One S last week Sunday, now I there is a black screen when I play movies bluray/dvd. I can still play games. How do I...
  5. How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray: I have had an xbox one s for a couple years and used it regularly to watch movies without any trouble. I just got an xbox on x and now the screen dims while watching a movie. I have tried changing...
  6. Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.: My Xbox One is dimming wile as if it was idle while watching a DVD. Is there a fix for this? ad6096c5-321f-4831-9980-75a9777ae542
  7. On screen pop ups appearing when idel watching dvd/ netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On screen pop ups appearing when idel watching dvd/ netflix: [img] My Xbox has started showing pop ups when it goes idel. The screen goes dark and half of it is coverd by a msg as showmen in the image. the movie still plays and it dose this in Netflix and...
  8. Screen flashing with dvd (blueray app)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen flashing with dvd (blueray app): I have downloaded the blueray app to watch dvds. The first time I tried it it worked fine. Now the screen keeps flashing picture on and off. I’ve tried reinstalling but it still doesn’t work...
  9. DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view: For some reason DVDs that I have taped things on (DVD+R), when trying to watch on my Xbox One plays them in a squished (squarish) view, instead of filling out the whole TV screen like normal. I...
  10. DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view: For some reason DVDs that I have taped things on (DVD+R), when trying to watch on my Xbox One plays them in a squished (squarish) view, instead of filling out the whole TV screen like normal. I...