Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure?

Discus and support Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I hope someone here can give me insight or help into this issue I am experiencing. So this it, I have an Xbox One X. All of a sudden two nights ago I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NovusOrdoSeclorum1, May 17, 2023.

1. Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure?

I hope someone here can give me insight or help into this issue I am experiencing. So this it, I have an Xbox One X. All of a sudden two nights ago I started experience some problems with my controller. My Controller is starting to randomly blink while it's on, it blinks, it goes back to normal. Immediately seconds into it going back to normal I lose connection. It's on and I keep trying to use it by pressing the buttons and no response on screen. Then it blinks again and repeats the process. I am literally unable to use the controller. So I go ahead and turn it off and sync my Xbox Series controller to the console. Same thing happens. I go over to my Xbox Series S console, i reconnect the series controller and these issues are non existent. It's back to normal. Then I take the original Xbox One controller in question and sink it to my Xbox Series S and all of a sudden those issues don't happen. The controller is fine. Now it doesn't take a rocket science to deduce the fact that if these issues aren't happening on my Series S, then there seems to be an issue with the hardware, the Xbox One X is the problem. I'm guessing. I don't know. What is the problem? Is my console dying on me and there's a hardware issue? I've had this particular console for two years now and no issues until now. I looked all over Google and reddit and did everything everyone that had questions themselves were suggested. I took the batteries out, hard reset the console for 30 seconds, then unplugged the power source for one minute and restarted the console that way afterwards. I powered the controller back on, I re-synced it, I put new batteries in. Before I purchase another controller and possibly waste money, does someone out there know what this could be? Has anyone had similar experiences? Thanks for your time.

submitted by /u/NovusOrdoSeclorum1
    [link] [comments]

/u/NovusOrdoSeclorum1, May 17, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X E102 Error Permanent Solution?

1. Did Microsoft acknowledge there's obviously a hardware problem with the Xbox One X?
    2. What was or is being done to rectify? Has anyone been successful in resolving?
    3. Is it worth the $249 + shipping to get it repaired or just save the money for the Series X (opinion)?
    4. Do I sell this unit for parts? It's practically new as I only used it maybe 20 times.

I've always loved the Xbox interface but the hardware issues that have plagued this platform as well as the lack of durability makes me question even the Series X. It seems in my mind that Xbox Consoles are like milk in which they have a hardware expiration
    date that's just outside of warranty coverage.

Appreciate the responses. Note that there are so many E102/E105 comments, but I could not find a permanent solution.

JR
    Hi,

Error E102 that hasn't been resolved by an offline update tells me there is a hardware fault with your console. Its hard drive is the likely cause of the issue, or it could be a motherboard problem.

1. No, there are no hardware problems with the Xbox One X. All electronics can fail for various reasons.
    2. Your error isn't a 'known fault'. Since the OS on an Xbox console is contained within the hard drive and other chips on the motherboard, if one of those fails for whatever reason, you'll get a system problem. It does not mean all Xbox One consoles are faulty.
    3. The Series X is $500, but it will play all of your current games so that is a decision only you can decide.
    4. Someone will buy from you from sites such as eBay probably.

If you do a search on here or Google for Xbox console hardware failures you'll find results to such failures, it does not mean there is an known problem with the hardware. There is no 'Kill switch' on Xbox One hardware.
  3. ZatchTheTroll Win User

Xbox one x no signal help

HDMI failure is common on Xbox One X. This is probably your issue right now.

Microsoft has absolutely no quality control
  4. Bhutankam Pema Win User

Turtle Beach PX4 - Game Audio cutting out

Yes I also expierience this Issue, but not so much often as before...

I have the Original XBOX 1 Stereo Headset, and I can tell you it is not a failure of the Headset..

It must be a failure of Transmission of the Audio Signal...

So it is not a harware failure of the HEadset itself,,

It is a failure of the Adapter or the Transmission from xbox... or the Powermanagement of Controller...

It^s a known Issue
  5. Geth Win User

Xbox one headset not working

Seems like the adapter or headset itself might have issues or hardware failure.

Do you have another headset you can check using that controller/xbox with?
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X reliability issues?

i would love to see the actual failure numbers as counting here and many many other forums and posts around the good old interweb there seems to be a lot of failures.

i am wondering if the numbers are close to 360 fail rates as the usual mix of reported issues are:

loose screws, which can short out anything or break something.

hdmi chips frying as they did in the xbox one and x.

hdmi port failures, they seem to be made from very weak metal.

psu issues where the psu is completely doa.

board issues where it does not tell the psu to switch on when the power button pressed.

storage failures.

disc drive failures.

APU failures.

then there is the controller failures too.

doesn't look good on the Sony side too, they have lots of failures also.

Probably all down to throwing them together as quickly as possible to get them shipped and quality control has gone out of the window.
Thema:

Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure?

1. Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure? - Similar Threads - Controller Issues anyone

2. Input issue with Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input issue with Xbox One controller: My Xbox One controller is having issues with input. It's doubling its input, like each time I press a button or move the sticks that I'm doing it twice, and the right stick periodically & randomly...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  4. Controller issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller issues: When I connect my Xbox controller to my PC or any device it shows on the device as connected then disconnected. And keeps changing between them and changing every second until it just comes up...
  5. Controller issues blinking mid game

in XboX Insiders
    Controller issues blinking mid game: My controller keeping blinking for a second every few minutes disconnecting then reconnecting I’ve tried everything don’t know what to do did it with other controllers aswell just randomly started...
  6. My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I: My right stick drifts up and down in all games. Left stick and d pad are touchy and jump multiple spaces on a single tap. I’ve changed controllers and the issues follow. I looked at forum and see...
  7. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  8. xbox one controller pairing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller pairing issue: We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side panel (pic) where the pairing button is. We are...
  9. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  10. Anyone else have any issues with the vibration settings not saving with the pro controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have any issues with the vibration settings not saving with the pro controller...: I recently purchased a pro controller and the vibration settings are saved to my profile (I want the trigger rumble but not the main) and every single game I've played whether it be through steam...