Xbox one X cant read disc-based games

Discus and support Xbox one X cant read disc-based games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox one X wont read any disc based games. I had a original xbox one and i got a X for christmas. But when i put the disc in nothing happens. I did... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RedK232, Jan 21, 2018.

1. RedK232
    RedK232 Guest

My xbox one X wont read any disc based games. I had a original xbox one and i got a X for christmas. But when i put the disc in nothing happens. I did a network game transfer from my old to new and when its done it gives me the do you own this game or app
    error. Ive done a full reset of the X, hold down on the power button for 10 seconds, clear cache, and still the X isnt reading any of the games. Please Help

:)

RedK232, Jan 21, 2018
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Xbox One Mandatory Update...should we be worried ?

[quote user="BanjoApocalypse"]

The xbox one will still play disk based games without the update.[/quote]Where did you read that? Engadget's interview indicated that even

disc-based games won't work

IceStorm III, Jan 21, 2018
  3. FIF JOKER
    FIF JOKER Guest
    "Unrecognisable Disc" (03-80-00) Problem

Same happend 2 me. The very day my warrenty expired my x-box downloadet an update. Now it cant read my disc. status code: 03-80-00/ open tray like the rest of u. at one occasion it started reading the game, but stopped and a message popped up saying that
    this disc could only be read by an X-box360 console. Think my xbox is confused....

Microsoft should hire some programmers who know what theyre doing at sack the rest. F...... amateurs

FIF JOKER, Jan 21, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Disc not being read

The problem is that you are trying to play several games that are 360 disc based on your xbox one and that are not part of the backward compatibility list. For example RE 4 has a new version for xbox one and you can't use the xbox 360 disc to play it (it
    will not read the disc at all)

As for the rest of your disc based games (that are part of the bc list) check if they are scratched or damaged in the surface. There is no reason for a new console's disc driver to have problems in reading discs other than those caused by the damaged or
    unknown disc games
  5. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S is not playing certain DVDs

I take it Blu-Ray disc movies are working okay? Have you tried many of the ones you own? Games are detected?

Bear in mind that the Xbox One S, One X and the current Series X actually have two lasers, one for reading DVD discs (including Xbox 360 discs) and one for reading Blu-Ray discs, which also includes Xbox games as they are also on BD-Disc.

If the DVD laser is giving out, it won't read certain DVD discs, and this is likely the reason for the issues you are experiencing. This is also why Blu-Rays and Xbox One games are not effected. There is nothing wrong with your DVD's, it's the console's optical drive that is faulty.
  7. Sodangidni Win User

EaFC24 Won't Read disk

Hello, Andrew. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

First, it is important to point out that a physical game can't be converted to a digital one because the game license is attached to the disc itself.

Besides that, would I know, is an Xbox Series X or Xbox One the one that doesn't read the disc?
    Additionally, the other console that read the disc, is an Xbox One, or a Series X?

Moreover, is this EA FC24 for both the Xbox One and Series X, or only for one of those consoles? You can check this by looking at the box.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

What games are playable from the Xbox One on the Xbox Series X on the cd physically on the disk drive?

All Xbox One games with exception of Kinect based games, work on the Series X.

Note that all Xbox One games have to be installed. No games can be run directly off the disc.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X cant read disc-based games - Similar Threads - cant read disc

2. Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...: Like the title says. I'd understand if it was my 360 that couldn't read games I'd played before on the same console because it's old af. But my 360 is still going strong. Meanwhile my Xbox One...
  3. I cant delete addresses from the address book (PLEASE READ)

in XBoX on Mobile
    I cant delete addresses from the address book (PLEASE READ): im unable to delete an incorrect address from my address book. the delete and edit buttons are unclickable and say the address is linked with a subscription. i have NO subscriptions so i dont know...
  4. Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004): I came home from work tismorning tried to play some COD and I get this lovely little error. I went through tried resetting the system, then a hard reset and nothing. I removed my account from the...
  5. Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...: Hello i am having a very very annoying problem i am using my friends game pass on ms store and my account to play the games when ever i look at a sign in ark survival evolved it says due to your...
  6. XBOX CANT READ THE DISK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX CANT READ THE DISK: all of my games are new but my xbox wont read them. in the beginning I played MW3 and everything was fine but now it wont read and I know it's not scratched. I changed the power-mode, I hard reset...
  7. Cant read disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant read disc: So I will end up purchasing a new system im sure but for now im committed to fixing this one. 250g Xbox 360 slim e i believe has a Hitachi drive(in case thats relevant) started one day with mw2,...
  8. xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013: Good Day My xbox 360 original wants a system update but it doesn't read the disc and usb when trying to update. 87e5d444-0ac9-4bd8-a3e8-4b8e7e531853
  9. Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game: This is the 4th time this has happened, I download GoW:Judgement from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error message...
  10. 4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold: This has been happening for the past couple months, I download a game from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error...